Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Crashing

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Crashing

Postby theskillet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi -
MP2 running on windows 7 64 bit standalone.

When a multi is loaded or ensembles loaded into more than one slot and all triggering from one midi channel I will experience the midi channel lighting red and the entire program crashes.

To be more exact: I will run a midi track to trigger the sounds. They're not crazy with midi, maybe one person playing some chords on a midi keyboard. Even if I play it live it will crash. Randomly. It could be any ensemble or multi. Never happened with MP1.

I put in a support ticket three days ago. No response.

I gotta say going from the myriad choices of multis in MP1 to the 10 choices now is startling.
Where did the percussion maps go? There is percussion in the big multis but not on their own?

I'm thinking the ball got dropped, big time.
theskillet

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Crashing

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:52 pm

What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zactkn@gmail.com » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 pm

This is happening to my MP2 as well, running on macOS 10.14.5. I have not seen the GUI once since installing it yesterday. It crashes in standalone mode, and it crashes Pro Tools on startup. The sounds are in the default location: /Users/Shared/IKMultimedia/SampleTank3.

My ticket number is #4520799
zactkn@gmail.com

Postby DavidR1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Yeap the same here. I am using this in Cubase 10. It seems like when you add the percussion instruments that Cubase 10 crashes and freezes my PC.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:17 pm

I've relayed your ticket information so someone can see what's going on. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DavidR1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:24 pm

It’s like a a memory leak issue. As soon as you add the percussion instruments the memory shoots up from 2500 mbs to 5600 mbs. I did see it go to 11,300 this morning. The issue however has only happened within the few weeks. There hasn’t been an update on Cubase. I do note that there was a windows update recently. But I have only been using Philharmonik 2 within the last month.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Please Reply to your Support Ticket with that additional information (especially about the Windows 10 Updates, don'cha love 'em!).

It may help Support when they are investigating the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm

zactkn@gmail.com wrote:This is happening to my MP2 as well, running on macOS 10.14.5. I have not seen the GUI once since installing it yesterday. It crashes in standalone mode, and it crashes Pro Tools on startup. The sounds are in the default location: /Users/Shared/IKMultimedia/SampleTank3.

My ticket number is #4520799

As Darkstar mentions, please report this to support with as much helpful information as you can. I took a look into your ticket and your last mention to the team was that your issue was resolved. I will make sure they look out for your reply.

DavidR1 wrote:It’s like a a memory leak issue. As soon as you add the percussion instruments the memory shoots up from 2500 mbs to 5600 mbs. I did see it go to 11,300 this morning. The issue however has only happened within the few weeks. There hasn’t been an update on Cubase. I do note that there was a windows update recently. But I have only been using Philharmonik 2 within the last month.

Please reach out to support if you are having any troubles with Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Send us your ticket number in a PM once open. Please do note DAW report system CPU a bit differently than the system will, the best way to monitor your system performance is outside the DAW. Task Manager or Activity Monitor are great tools for this.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More