Studio One 4.5 update broke UNO Editor

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Studio One 4.5 update broke UNO Editor

Postby jimmi.gruen » Wed May 29, 2019 12:14 am

After updating from Studio One 4.1.4 to 4.5, the UNO VST editor has trouble connecting to the synth.

If I create a new Song, and insert the VST Editor, it just says "Waiting for UNO", even when the MIDI settings are correct.

If I:
1. Create a new Song and insert the VST Editor
2. Save the Song and exit Studio One completely
3. Open Studio One and immediately load the Song
Then the VST editor is able to connect to the UNO. However, If I then close the song and re-open it (without exiting Studio One), it's no longer able to connect to the UNO. Same if I create a new song again and insert the VST.

So the only way to get the editor to talk to the UNO synth is by opening an existing song that already contains the VST.

I've double-checked all my MIDI settings, and I've also checked that this doesn't happen in Reaper or FL Studio, only in Studio One 4.5. The standalone editor also works fine every time. So this bug seems to be specific to Studio One 4.5.
jimmi.gruen

Re: Studio One 4.5 update broke UNO Editor

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 29, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm sorry to here you are having trouble. Have you reported this to IK Support directly for official technical support? I'm sure they can help get you up and running again.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jimmi.gruen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Ok, so I've been in contact with both PreSonus tech support and IK Support.

PreSonus support had me reset my Studio One settings, which made some improvement - The first time I open Studio One and insert the VST, it can talk with the synth every time. However if I close the project, without exiting Studio One, and open it again, or start a new project and try to insert the UNO editor, it doesn't communicate with the UNO Synth. I have to restart Studio One completely before the editor can talk with the synth again.
PreSonus closed the case because they don't have access to the hardware.

I also started a support ticket with IK Support, however they have been silent since the 10th of June.

Also, even when the editor does communicate with the synth (after each fresh start of Studio One), it only recalls the VST panel settings saved with the project about 1 times out of 10. Other times, it just reverts to the default 1 preset of the synth.

As of right now, I would consider the UNO editor incompatible with Studio One 4.5.
jimmi.gruen

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Hey Jimmi.gruen,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. The team got back to you shortly after your post here. Keep a look out for their email, they should be able to help get you running or figure out what happened. I can confirm that the UNO Synth Editor is working fine with the Studio One 4 program. There should not be an issue with compatibility.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Apogenic » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Same issue here with Studio One 4.5
Apogenic

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Apogenic wrote:Same issue here with Studio One 4.5

Please also report your issue to IK Support as they can work with you directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Apogenic » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:23 pm

I suggest your tech team simply install demo of Studio One and figure it out yourselves. :roll:
Apogenic

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Apogenic wrote:I suggest your tech team simply install demo of Studio One and figure it out yourselves. :roll:

This is not a support forum. Users who report their issues directly into the trackable IK Support system receive direct assistance from the support team and can troubleshoot directly with you.

Note that even issues that may appear "exactly the same" to the layperson may not be quite the same. Please open a ticket. No need to be rude or condescending. Please review the forum rules on how to conduct yourself on this forum.

Since this thread has run its course, it will be locked and IK Support will assist those that report their issue to them. Thanks!

Also, of course they have Studio One Pro 4.5 and always attempt to replicate issues that are reported to them. Note that you have a ticket about the Editor not finding your UNO Synth where our tech replied but had not heard back from you (this was in late April). I would advise trying their suggestion and replying back. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth