iRig Keys I/O and Cakewalk

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O and Cakewalk

Postby onthelethe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

So I've been attempting to use my iRig Keys I/O with the latest Bandcamp version of Cakewalk (Win 10), but am running into a few problems:

I record something using the iRig's microphone input, and when I playback, the recording has been sped up to be twice as fast as the tempo in which I recorded it.
    Choosing a different patches in various soft synths/VSTs causes the sound output to have a distorted, "grainy" character. Oddly enough, calling up the Cakewalk preferences dialogue box will sometimes immediately fix this and restore the sound to its correct character)... other times not.

It's turning into a situation where I generally can't count on the unit to work with any Windows 10 apps; no combination of audio driver type/bit depth/sampling rate choices have prevented these problems.
onthelethe

Re: iRig Keys I/O and Cakewalk

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:20 pm

onthelethe wrote:
    I record something using the iRig's microphone input, and when I playback, the recording has been sped up to be twice as fast as the tempo in which I recorded it.

While your response hints you may have tried this before, you may want to check your Project's currently selected Sample Rate. Make sure this matches your device's settings in your Control Panel -> Sound menu. Check under the Playback and Recording device sub-menus/tabs. These will both offer a "Properties" menu when you right click a device. This menu will have an "Advanced" tab which you can use to adjust your device to your Project's sample rate or vise verse.

If this does not help, I would suggest checking with the support team here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

They will be the best suited to help get you started. Please do note, the forums are for user-to-user discussion, which may not result in the fastest resolution.

Shoot me a PM with your ticket number once opened if you'd like me to alert the team you are opening a ticket.

onthelethe wrote:
    Choosing a different patches in various soft synths/VSTs causes the sound output to have a distorted, "grainy" character. Oddly enough, calling up the Cakewalk preferences dialogue box will sometimes immediately fix this and restore the sound to its correct character)... other times not.

I would suggest checking your driver settings. Make sure you are using ASIO4ALL. This is the suggested driver set for Windows users. Use the guide below to get set up.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1076

It is important that you match your Audio Buffer Size for all devices and sub devices in the ASIO4ALL control panel. This panel can be found in the bottom right corner of your screen. Double click the ASIO4ALL icon to open the control panel. Once opened, the wrench icon will show all sub-devices. Make sure these match as well.

If this information does not help, please open a ticket with the link provided above. The team will help walk you through your issues and get you back to making music.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: iRig Keys I/O and Cakewalk

Postby onthelethe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks so much for the thorough reply! I'll report back with success or failure.

Have to say it's confusing that IK would be fine with having Windows users dependent on a 3rd-party solution for ASIO drivers.
onthelethe

Return to Interfaces & Controllers