Akai VIP 3.1 and SampleTank 4 or Syntronik?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Akai VIP 3.1 and SampleTank 4 or Syntronik?

Postby richmn » Sat May 25, 2019 5:02 am

I just got a new controller that came with the Akai VIP 3.1 software that allows browsing presets right from a screen on the MIDI controller. SampleTank 3 presets are known but it's missing the newer collections from IK like SampleTank 4 or Syntronik. Does anyone else use VIP and if so can you share how to add these collections?
richmn

Re: Akai VIP 3.1 and SampleTank 4 or Syntronik?

Postby Fourns30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:18 am

The instruments loaded for me but receive an error message when I go to load one.
Fourns30

Postby zzz00m » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 pm

There don't appear to be any factory maps available in VIP 3.1 for the newer IK instruments such as SampleTank 4 or Syntronik.

I have not seen any new VIP factory maps for quite some time, but it is possible to manually create user maps and share them. https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... yours-here

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/vip-everythi ... ugin-maps/

https://www.akaipro.com/kb/vip-how-to-b ... lugin-map/
zzz00m

Postby Fourns30 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Thanks ZZZ00M
Fourns30

Postby richmn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 am

While I like the SampleTank4 MAX massive content and multi ability...you're trapped in the IK ecosystem. AKAI VIP has it's limitations but great for centralized management of multiple synths. Based on a brief test, it seems you can make separate ST 4 patches by clicking the gear in the bottom right of VIP 3.1, and allowing duplicates.

I start with Default select the next ST4 patch and then click the import button. Then I type in the actual Name and it is saved correctly. For the Akai Advance keyboard integration, I set the plugin knobs to match IK's CC 12-19 for the knobs. It doesn't pull over the names but it works.

Update 08/03/2019:
I have added around 800 SampleTank 4 Presets to VIP, just have Synths left. Would love to 'trade' for Syntronik presets for VIP!
Last edited by richmn on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richmn

Postby zzz00m » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:15 pm

^^^^

That sounds like a good start, and is the only solution that I am aware of for when a plugin doesn't share a preset name with the host.

I have run across that with VIP and various plugin instruments. VIP is capable of displaying the preset names, if provided to the host by the plugin.

You can test this behavior with any DAW host that displays preset names within its native plugin device UI, such as Ableton Live or Studio One. Load SampleTank 4 in any host that is capable of that, and you won't see preset names appear in the host UI either.

At least you can import the preset parameters into VIP as a duplicate "Default" preset and rename it with the correct name.

And yes, that is tedious work.
zzz00m

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More