t racks 5 can't re size

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

t racks 5 can't re size

Postby michaelft77 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Hey folks....... got the new t racks 5....... great stuff.

However, I can't re size any of the windows or access the various meters....... have tried everything.
michaelft77

Re: t racks 5 can't re size

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm

If you are using the free CS version, you will not be able to resize as that is a limitation on the free version.

If you have purchased the full version, please make sure you have registered the full version serial number in Authorization Manager. Also, if you have done so and still cannot resize, please do a Gear --> Restore My Gear in the Custom Shop application (located in your Start Menu on Windows or in your Applications folder on Mac).

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fleer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Similar problem here.
I first had T5 CS with almost every possible TR plugin.
Then I got the T5 bundle, authorized it, downloaded again, but my authorization (Menu under File / Authorize) is still showing the T5 CS serial, so there's no resizing possible.
In Custom Shop, I can hit the T5 bundle's Restore button, but to no avail. It doesn't restore at all, as I can find tie Restore button again and again.
How can I solve this? I've already uninstalled and installed a number of times, and my account is showing the authorization of the T5 bundle.
I just want to get rid of the T5CS authorization and enjoy the T5 bundle authorization with resizing and all.
Cheers.
Fleer

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Fleer wrote:Similar problem here.
I first had T5 CS with almost every possible TR plugin.
Then I got the T5 bundle, authorized it, downloaded again, but my authorization (Menu under File / Authorize) is still showing the T5 CS serial, so there's no resizing possible.
In Custom Shop, I can hit the T5 bundle's Restore button, but to no avail. It doesn't restore at all, as I can find tie Restore button again and again.
How can I solve this? I've already uninstalled and installed a number of times, and my account is showing the authorization of the T5 bundle.
I just want to get rid of the T5CS authorization and enjoy the T5 bundle authorization with resizing and all.
Cheers.

You should be able to open Authorization Manager, put in your T-RackS 5 serial (the non-CS serial) there, and step through to the end of that process.

While not likely necessary, after you do this, to be completely sure you can open Custom Shop, logon and do a Gear --> Restore My Gear in the T-RackS section and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, IK Support will need to look directly at your issue.

Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fleer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:58 pm

Thanks for responding so swiftly, Peter.
I did what you suggested, several times even, but to no avail.
T-rackS5 keeps hanging on to the old CS serial.
I’ll hit up support and get it solved.
Cheers.
Fleer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 am

No problem. In that case I wonder if it might be an OS scaling setting or similar. I wouldn't do anything you can't easily back out of but that might help in the mean time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fleer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

Thanks Peter. No, it must have something to do with updating TR CS to the bundle.
I did authorize the new bundle serial with the Authorization Manager and it is shown as such in my account. I also downloaded the latest version (of the Manager and the TR bundle).
And I did hit the restore button behind the TR 5 bundle in Custom Shop.
But the old TR CS serial keeps sitting firmly in the File/Authorize menu.
Fleer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Fleer wrote:Thanks Peter. No, it must have something to do with updating TR CS to the bundle.
I did authorize the new bundle serial with the Authorization Manager and it is shown as such in my account. I also downloaded the latest version (of the Manager and the TR bundle).
And I did hit the restore button behind the TR 5 bundle in Custom Shop.
But the old TR CS serial keeps sitting firmly in the File/Authorize menu.

You would also need to authorize not just the new bundle serial but your full T-RackS 5 serial as well. T-RackS 5 CS won't resize, only T-RackS 5 (or Deluxe or MAX versions) and that's the serial to which I was referring.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fleer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks, Peter. That’s what I did. And my account is showing the authorization. But the app is still running CS, even after redownloading.
Fleer

Postby phil.baker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Hey Fleer, did you solve the problem yet?

Got the same one on my system. Still CS-serial in customer shop after several redownloads and -authorizations + no resizing of the windows. Funnily enough the plugins guis are as big as my desktop and not be able to resize at all. :D
phil.baker

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:47 pm

^^^^
Peter_IK wrote:If you are using the free CS version, you will not be able to resize as that is a limitation on the free version.

If you have purchased the full version, please make sure you have registered the full version serial number in Authorization Manager. Also, if you have done so and still cannot resize, please do a Gear --> Restore My Gear in the Custom Shop application (located in your Start Menu on Windows or in your Applications folder on Mac).

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. Generally Peter's advice works (although the CS Serial Number may still show in the Authorization Manager).

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby phil.baker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks DarkStar,

I already took one yesterday and was just interested in how Fleer's status is regarding this issue.
Meanwhile I'm waiting for an answer and keep you updated. ;)
phil.baker

Postby Fleer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi Phil, got it solved. Don’t know what I did wrong (or right) but now things are fine. I also think I stupidly tried to make the GUI smaller instead of larger. The latter works indeed.
Fleer

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox