[RESOLVED] My AmpliTube4 installation story

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] My AmpliTube4 installation story

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm

I purchased iRig HD2 today, which includes AmpliTube4 as a download.

I downloaded AmpliTube4 on my Macbook Pro (macOS 10.14.5 Mojave)

1. Message after launch: "This copy of AmpliTube is not authorized. You have to be authorized. Click OK to start the ... Authorization Manager ..."
2. Message: "Welcome ... register and authorize ..."
3. Message: "Your version of the Authorization Manager is outdated."
4. Message: "Please click on the UPDATE button to download the latest version."
5. Message: "Page not found - We're sorry! This page is not available. ... Please visit the IK Multimedia Homepage "

So I visit this HP. There's also an Authorization Manager that you can download and install - I do!

"Welcome to the Authorization Manager ..."
USER NAME, PASSWORD ... "NEW USER" or "NEXT"?
After entering NEXT (after all, I already own quite a few products of this company) it says: "The Login details inserted are not correct (201)". So I try „NEW USER“. Copy & Paste does not work in the password field, so I'm tedious to type it, which is difficult because you only see asterisks instead of letters. Then I end up in the user area and click on "My Products". Here again I see my iRig HD2 and again an AmpliTube4 download, presumable the same version v.4.8.2.

So I download again and install.

Now the whole thing starts from the beginning!!! "This copy of AmpliTube is not authorized. You have 9 days left until AmpliTube must be authorized. Click OK to start the ... Authorization Manager ..."

And I only have 9 days left ...! Geht’s noch?
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Re: My AmpliTube4 installation story

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the installation of AmpliTube. If you've followed the steps in the Installation & Authorization Manual that is included with the download, I would recommend reaching out to IK Support who can give you specific technical assistance to help figure out what is happening to cause the issues you are experiencing so you can have a more typical and problem-free installation experience. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: My AmpliTube4 installation story

Postby wolfgang.hefele » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am

After extensive communication with the support, I finally managed to authorize my software.
AmpliTube/CS, iRig2, iRig HD2, Blueboard, iPhone7, iPad, MacBook Pro, AmpliTube4
wolfgang.hefele

Re: [RESOLVED] My AmpliTube4 installation story

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm glad that you have got the problem sorted out.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling