iloud as a guitar interface

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iloud as a guitar interface

Postby comstox » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi guys! I USED TO be able to use my iLoud as a guitar interface and use Amplitube on my MacBook Air, Now.... it won't work! In the past year i have not been using the iLoud but rather have my Boss Katana amp plugged in to my MacBook Air using Boss Software.
So the other day I wanted to take my setup mobile, so I set it up EXACTLY like I describe below, but it just won't work now. I need some IK Wisdom here guys!
Here's how I had it set up in the past, (When it WAS working.)
Standard Guitar Cable plugged directly into 1/4" jack on iLoud
1/8" TRRS cable goes into back of iLoud,
Other end of 1/8" TRRS directly into my MacBook Air's 1/8" headphone jack.
I'd open up Amplitube, (I have Amplitube MAX,) and it would just work! Sounded great too! I was totally mobile and could play until the battery on iLoud or MacBook gave out.

But Now... It just squeels. I checked the input settings and all SEEMS the same but it just won't work.
I suppose THIS is my main question: Is there any other software or drivers I need to re-install to get this working again???

Thanks in advance!!!
Glen in New Hampshire ~ U.S.A.
comstox

Re: iloud as a guitar interface

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Hey comstox,

Thanks for your post.

While I strongly suggest reaching out to the support team here, as they will have the information needed to get you working. In the meantime, be sure to check your cable. Make sure this is the 1/8" TRRS cable included with your device and not a normal 1/8" TRS or TS cable. A TRRS connection is required to use the iLoud as an audio interface.

Another way to figure out what could be up, would be to use your iLoud with an iOS device. Check to see if this works. This would let us know where the issue lies. Make sure to let the support team know your results once tried. If this works, your cable may not be the issue, but if this does not work you may need a new 1/8" TRRS cable.

This cable would be covered by your IK Multimedia warranty. The team can check in on your warranty status.

Once you've opened a ticket, PM me your ticket number so I can alert the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby comstox » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks for the tips! I feel it COULD be the cable. I alos have an iRig HD 2, and that little iRig mini Amp. I'll try the TRRS cables that came with each, but in the mean time, But the real question I is: Is there software I need to install? In my Midi Settings, I DO NOT see iRig, or iLoud or anything that resembles that.
I am at this moment trying it out on my iPad. I'll post my findings later.
Thanks again for your response!
comstox

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm

comstox wrote:Is there software I need to install? In my Midi Settings, I DO NOT see iRig, or iLoud or anything that resembles that.
I am at this moment trying it out on my iPad. I'll post my findings later.
Thanks again for your response!

No extra software should be required aside from some kind of audio software to process your signal, like AmpliTube 4. The iRig 1 and iLoud are analog devices, these will be seen as "Headset" devices. These are only audio devices, these will not appear as MIDI selections. Use this selection ("Headset") when using these kind of devices. Make sure to connect to your "Headphone" input and not a "Line Input".

If this information does not help, you may want to reach out to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby comstox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Okay guys, I have an update: The iLoud DOES WORK on my iPad, so I believe the issue lies in my MacBook Air. I think it might be the actual jack, but, if not, are there settings for the MacBook I should check?
My MacBook Air has only ONE input, so I'm assuming it does both input/output? Remember, this HAD worked in the past.
Thanks again for the help!!!
Glen
comstox

Postby comstox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Oh Boy.... Now I REALLY have an update! Since the iLoud DID WORK on the iPad, I figured it must be an issue with the MacBook or the actual port... It was the port!!!! I cleaned up the port with De-Ox It (special electronics cleaner,) plugged my same TRRS cable in and WHAM! Amplitube worked!!
I am pretty sure there was something very small which was not allowing the cable to make a contact or not to go in all of the way. Regardless of which issue it was, it is not repaired and I can once again play with a portable unit! As long as my batteries hold out that is!
THANKS AGAIN for all of the help and wisdom!
Glen
comstox

Return to Interfaces & Controllers