Uno Synth Editor - Bug listing MIDI devices

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth Editor - Bug listing MIDI devices

Postby mungewell » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 am

I am seeing the situation where the Editor is incorrectly listing the devices, with just the name 'MIDI'. Coupled with that it seems that it is unable to select anything but the last 'MIDI' name.

When attempting to use these the Editor application often freezes and has to terminated.

Screenshoot shows how it lists my MPC Touch, which has hardware MIDI input/output that I'd like to connect to the 2.5mm jacks on the UNO.

Python RTMidi enumerates the ports as
Code: Select all
Inputs:
['Public 0', 'MIDI Port 1', 'AkaiPro Internal MIDI 2']
Outputs:
['Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth 0', 'Public 1', 'MIDI Port 2', 'AkaiPro Internal MIDI 3']

When the UNO is connected directly via USB it show's it's own ports correctly named, and is functional.
mungewell

Re: Uno Synth Editor - Bug listing MIDI devices

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi, this is not the typical behavior, please report technical issues of this nature directly to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will troubleshoot directly with you and resolve the issue with you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mungewell » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 am

Thanks Peter. Reported...

I also note that the same effect can be seen with the (fake) MIDI ports generated by LoopMidi, perhaps that help the developers re-create the problem.
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
mungewell

Postby mungewell » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 am

Ticket opened (#5002180) but no reply in the past week :-(
Simon.
mungewell

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:51 pm

mungewell wrote:Ticket opened (#5002180) but no reply in the past week :-(
Simon.

Hey Simon, I've alerted the team and they should reach out to you today. Please keep an eye out on your email.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby AlMagnifico » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:15 pm

I have the same bug, except it lists the ports as "Synthesizer" instead of "MIDI". To the OP: Did you heard from the support in the meantime?
AlMagnifico

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, this is not the typical behavior, please report technical issues of this nature directly to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will troubleshoot directly with you and resolve the issue with you. Thank you.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth