New Ipad Pro, irig stomp I/O and typec-dni

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

New Ipad Pro, irig stomp I/O and typec-dni

Postby donacci09 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 am

Quick question, I just bought the new type c-Dni cable so I could the new Ipad with my irig stomp I/O. But the stomp doesnt turn on when i connect my ipad. I tried my phone with the lightning cable and that worked. Are these new cables not working with the new ipad??
donacci09

Re: New iPad Pro, irig stomp I/O and typec-dni

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Hey donaccio09,

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the IK forums.

Before I get started here. I do want to say that this is not a technical support forum. This is for user to user contact. Please see our updated rules & guidelines below.

New Rules & Guidelines

With that said, I do want to point you in the direction of IK Multimedia technical support. Use the link below to open up a support ticket. The team should be able to clarify what is going on here as well as any possible resolutions moving forward. Make sure to send me a PM with your ticket information once sent in. This will help me track down what is going on here.

Contact Support Here

In the meantime, make sure for iOS use you have your PSU connected to power the iRig Stomp I/O. Make sure to also check your Mini-DIN cable for any bent or broken pins. Alert the team if you find any.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby bking2112 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:40 am

This is not a tech support issue — IK’s mini-din to USB cable simply doesn’t work with the ipad pro 3rd gen and the irig stomp I/O. I have the same experience as the posting user. I did have the power cable attached and there are no broken pins on my mini-din cable. And, like the user pointed out, there is no similar problem when connecting to my phone. The IK website does not even list the irig stomp as a compatible device for its mini-din to usb-c cable, which seems to acknowledge this doesn’t work.

And before you say it, my mini-din to usb-c cable is not defective — it worked fine when connecting to the ipad pro 3rd gen when using an irig hd.

I put in a support ticket on this, and 5 days later, have had no response. So I don’t get why the poster is being told to do that. Bottom line —on this thread please confirm whether there is a viable way to make use of an irig stomp with the 3rd gen ipad pro, and explain how if so.
bking2112

Postby donacci09 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am

I was helped with this issue and was told to use this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012V563 ... asin_title
It works but the sound is a lot different
donacci09

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 pm

bking2112 wrote:I put in a support ticket on this, and 5 days later, have had no response. So I don’t get why the poster is being told to do that. Bottom line —on this thread please confirm whether there is a viable way to make use of an irig stomp with the 3rd gen iPad pro, and explain how if so.

In no way was I trying to say your cable was defective, I was just trying to push you to the best place for help. The support team would be the most effective place to contact with any questions or concerns with our products. Our forum is for user-to-user discussion. Posting to the forum may not get you the fastest answers.

I was able to check into this issue deeper for you, and I've also bumped the team on your ticket to get more information. To start, I do want to say that we appreciate your patience so far. It looks like support response time has been a little longer than usual due to our recent releases. The team assured me they should be getting back a some point today.

Now, as @donacci09 mentions, the USB-C to USB-B cable linked here will work for iPad 2018 (USB-C) use with iRig Stomp I/O. The Mini-DIN to USB-C cable we offer is not designed for use with the iRig Stomp I/O on this iPad, this is not listed under the compatible devices in the web store. Please work with the team for help from here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby cristobalion » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:25 pm

donacci09 wrote:I was helped with this issue and was told to use this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012V563 ... asin_title
It works but the sound is a lot different

Hi there! Is the sound worst? I have the IRing Stomp IO and thinking in buying an IPad Pro 3gen. Use to use the IRing with my IPad 2018, but didnt like the sound quite much..
cristobalion

Postby Ryan_IK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:24 pm

cristobalion wrote:Hi there! Is the sound worst? I have the IRing Stomp IO and thinking in buying an iPad Pro 3gen. Use to use the IRing with my iPad 2018, but didnt like the sound quite much..

Audio quality will not change when using this cable.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories