Model presets and changing defaults

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Model presets and changing defaults

Postby Magic Russ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:19 pm

I noticed that if you right click on a component such as a stompbox or amp model, you get a context menu with the option to load a model preset or save the current settings as a model preset.

My first question is why do none of the components come with model presets?

Second, would it be possible to overwrite the default settings of any given model? For example, when I load the Tube Screamer, the Tone parameter is always dimed, which sounds a bit shrill with my gear. I would rather have this come up with some more moderate settings when I load it.
Magic Russ

Re: Model presets and changing defaults

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am

Hi rponcher

rponcher wrote:My first question is why do none of the components come with model presets?

Good question. Maybe IKM have this for a future update, or maybe this section is purely for users to save and recall their own presets.

As for a default, I can't see anywhere to overwrite the default setting so I'm afraid it's a case of saving your own presets for a particular pedal or whole board and recalling them when you set up a fresh tone.

It could be worth opening a ticket with official IK Support to get this confirmed though https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling