Instrument image metadata & categorization

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Instrument image metadata & categorization

Postby elpeax » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Is there a way to add/edit image metadata on instruments?

I just purchased some sound packs for SampleTank 2.x and then used the SampleTank 3 Custom Shop version to import & convert it to ST3 format. However I haven't found a way to edit the metadata, so the only way to categorize the instruments is by directory structure. This is quite a lot of work and forces one to use exclusive categories as opposed to multiple inclusive ones (akin to tagging). Is there any way to achieve more flexible categorization?

I would also want to add images depicting the various instruments in imported instrument packs, as this can also be useful information and make browsing for the desired sounds easier. Currently my imported instruments only show a SampleTank 2 logo.

What if I create my own instrument pack for SampleTank 4 and want to add image metadata for a more pleasant user experience, how does one edit it in?
elpeax

Re: Instrument image metadata & categorization

Postby elpeax » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Anybody..? Still wondering.
elpeax

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:21 pm

I am almost certain that editing metadata or adding images is not possible.

And ST4 does not have an Import feature. You would need to Import the samples into ST3 then add the ST3 library path to ET4's Preference Settings.

Which sounds packs, by the way? Perhaps their manufacturer can help.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby elpeax » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks for chiming in. I guess if nobody can help I'm going to peek at the bytes.
DarkStar wrote:You would need to Import the samples into ST3 then add the ST3 library path to ET4's Preference Settings.

Which I have done, as mentioned in OP. :-)

DarkStar wrote:Which sounds packs, by the way? Perhaps their manufacturer can help.

World Instruments, Squids' Rare Instruments Vol. 2 Acoustic, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Acoustic Drums, Symphony Strings, and Piano Collection (version 2's), and OmniSynth 2. By Sonic Reality, for SampleTank 2.x, bought from esoundz.com at $5 a piece except Rare Instruments Vol. 2 which was $56.

Good stuff, even if old. :-) I used to depend on Hypersonic (predecessor to AIR Xpand! and Steinberg Halion, IIUC) and have been looking for an alternative, and SampleTank 4 SE together with these good old simple & clean sounds finally does it for me (if ST4 turns out to be stable). I really prefer these sounds to the overprocessed, saturated hyperrealism that most romplers and libraries I've tried lean towards. Sometimes high quality makes things sterile.
elpeax

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More