Separate outputs for Drum programs

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Separate outputs for Drum programs

Postby richwallen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Greetings.

I have an issue I have wanted to work on but because I have other drum samplers I never took the time to delve in.

On the drum programs, how do I output the sounds to separate channels on the mixer? I cannot seen any options to split kick, snare, toms, etc to separate outputs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich
richwallen

Re: Separate outputs for Drum programs

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:07 pm

On SampleTank 4 or SampleTank 3 Mac/PC, you can use the "Mix" page to assign different outputs to your different instruments. The output options are at the bottom of each channel.

Once your outputs are set in SampleTank, you can use your DAW to route these outputs to different audio tracks. Each DAW will offer a slightly different way to do this, but each process will be very similar.

Check with our team if you need any extra help.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby richwallen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes, thank you for your reply.

I understand the mixer and routing from each sound. What I want to do withing a drum patch is route kick to an output, snare to another, toms another, etc. i can find how to route the whole instrument but not how to separate the individual drum sounds.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Rich
richwallen

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Since SampleTank 4 is a workstation at heart, most of the instruments will be full kits. If you want more precise control over the elements, you might want to set the range of multiple instances of a kit and then process/pan each instance (which is still possible within a single SampleTank 4 instance due to its multi-output functionality).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby richwallen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 am

So you are saying to open up as many instances as i need outputs for and route each instance to a separate output? Not possible within one kit?

Thanks,

Rich
richwallen

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm

richwallen wrote:So you are saying to open up as many instances as i need outputs for and route each instance to a separate output? Not possible within one kit?

Thanks,

Rich

SampleTank 4 drum kits which do not offer single elements will not be able to separate their elements into different parts. While the EDIT page (Bottom left hand corner about the PITCH wheel) for some will offer the "Elements" drop down to make specific edits to your drums (Kick, Snare, etc), if you want to process each drum with it's own Plug-ins or FX, you would need to try what Peter suggested. Load the kit you are interested in on multiple Parts, then use the Layers/Splits page to set one part to just your Kick, another to just Snare and so on. From here, you can use the MIXER page to add FX or route your drums to different channels in your DAW. This would all be with a single instance of SampleTank 4.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Hirta » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
richwallen wrote:So you are saying to open up as many instances as i need outputs for and route each instance to a separate output? Not possible within one kit?

Thanks,

Rich

SampleTank 4 drum kits which do not offer single elements will not be able to separate their elements into different parts. While the EDIT page (Bottom left hand corner about the PITCH wheel) for some will offer the "Elements" drop down to make specific edits to your drums (Kick, Snare, etc), if you want to process each drum with it's own Plug-ins or FX, you would need to try what Peter suggested. Load the kit you are interested in on multiple Parts, then use the Layers/Splits page to set one part to just your Kick, another to just Snare and so on. From here, you can use the MIXER page to add FX or route your drums to different channels in your DAW. This would all be with a single instance of SampleTank 4.

you want, you could fix that with an update. Thank you.
Hirta

Postby richwallen » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 pm

This seems like a ton of work when in other drum samplers it's an easy fix to separate drums to different outputs.

A thought, should be looked at.

Rich
richwallen

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:54 pm

You can load the individual drum kit pieces into separate slots, then route each slot to a different output.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Hirta » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:34 pm

DarkStar wrote:You can load the individual drum kit pieces into separate slots, then route each slot to a different output.

And how are the sounds of the same kit loaded separately in different slots? When you load a Kit it comes all together. Thanks
Hirta

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Sorry, I was not clear. I meant the individual kit pieces, as in the "Kit Components" in ST3.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 pm

richwallen wrote:This seems like a ton of work when in other drum samplers it's an easy fix to separate drums to different outputs.

A thought, should be looked at.

Rich

SampleTank 4 is a workstation for all kinds of sounds, not a "drum sampler". The kit components mentioned were created to give you more leeway to do what you want to do. If you want a dedicated drum product with multi outs and tons of drum-centric features at the forefront, check out MODO DRUM. Thank you.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milton » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:34 pm

so there is no way to replace an iindividual drum piece with another? Bummer!!
Milton

Postby ericvoigt » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 pm

I also want to ask the developers kindly to add this feature please.

I just bought Beat Machines and I thought I finally found the perfect library of vintage drum machines. Having all those drum machines already pre-mapped to the GM layout makes it so easy to browse through the kits.

Then I noticed it is not possible to route individual drum elements to individual outputs which is a real pity. Of course you'd always like to mix your individual drum elements so having the whole kit on one stereo out and not being able to change that makes the whole collection a bit useless :(

I know loading the kit multiple times in different slots and adjusting the key ranges for each slot is possible but this is a huge effort to set up and makes quickly browsing/changing kits impossible.

Also could anyone on the IK team tell me: Does a kit get loaded multiple times into the RAM if you load several instances of it into multiple slots or does Sample Tank only load the kit once into RAM?
ericvoigt

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 am

Agreed, not being able to route different kit pieces to different outputs is a drawback. I know that for some (old) kits individual kit piece instruments were supplied and you could load each kit piece into a different slot.

As for the RAM usage, I do not know, but try loading the kit multiple times and watch the RAM usage in your DAW or a Resource Monitor.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More