Static noise when using USB power from computer

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Static noise when using USB power from computer

Postby Ramunas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Anyway to solve this?

I have tried running via battery and using portable battery via USB and those eliminated statick noise. But if im using USB via computer i get static noise.

The only way to avoid static and have editor is to use battery, but that cant be the real solution?
Ramunas

Re: Static noise when using USB power from computer

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi, please see the notes on the Specs page of UNO Synth for more information about USB bus noise and some suggestions how to reduce it (it is unfortunately an issue caused by connecting to a computer or similar via USB and not unique to UNO Synth): https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/u ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Static noise when using USB power from computer

Postby jimmi.gruen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 pm

I purchased a 3.5mm cable with an audio isolation transformer:
This has cleaned up the signal almost completely for me when powering the device over USB, it sounds even cleaner than it did using batteries before. Can't guarantee it will work for others, but for me, the difference was really amazing.
jimmi.gruen

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth