Uno Synth sequencer - bug or feature?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth sequencer - bug or feature?

Postby Gadgetguy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello all,

I have experienced an interesting behaviour of the sequencer - is that a bug or a feature?

This is what I did - can you replicate and explain?

1. Select a preloaded pattern (I experienced this with both the factory presets and the Synthmania library - using the preloaded patterns without modifying in any way).

2. Go to lets say pattern 20, press "play" to start the sequence related to the preset.

3. Press the "down" button to go to next preset (and its associated sequence which should start to play).

4. Press "down" and "down" and "down" to listen to the various sequences for the various presets

At some point (in my case I started with preset 20 and it happened at preset 26) the sequencer starts to jump around. It jumps to a random (different) preset, then it jumps again to another one, than again and again. It continues jumping maybe 10-20 times to different presets (and different sequences, which are briefly playing as the preset jump takes places) and a few seconds later it stops on a totally different (random?) preset. So when I was on preset 26, the jumping started and I ended up on lets say preset 95.

I have experienced this now many times and can more or less consistently recreate by following the steps I have described above.

What is going on here?

Thank you for any thoughts!
Gadgetguy

Re: Uno Synth sequencer - bug or feature?

Postby Gadgetguy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:02 pm

I wish someone had responded to my post.

I have returned my unit before seeing the most recent firmware update which fixes this bug.

(The other reason for returning was the lack of an android app)
Gadgetguy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Sorry to hear that. Please note that this is not a medium for direct technical support, if you were looking for an official answer and resolution the IK Support team is always willing to provide direct technical assistance via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tr1n1ty » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm

Off topic perhaps, but I would like to add my voice to the Android omission. I can only imagine what I could do with "Audio Evolution" for Android together with its companion "USB for Android" app along with the Uno. It's frustrating but I knew about it when considering the purchase and still went ahead anyway. If you don't ask you certainly won't get any time soon!
Tr1n1ty

Postby mungewell » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Tr1n1ty wrote:Off topic perhaps, but I would like to add my voice to the Android omission.

It's not clear from your post whether you have a specific request, and/or if you are a developer who could (given the right information) implement a Android application for the UNO Synth.

I have been reversing it and willing to collaborate/share/explain what I know/have figured out.
https://github.com/mungewell/uno-synth-utils

Cheers,
Simon.
mungewell

Postby Gadgetguy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:46 pm

I would consider re-purchasing the Synth if there is a decent android app!
Gadgetguy

Postby Tr1n1ty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Thanks Simon. I am of course interested, but given my capabilities with code of any flavour, it would be a one way collaboration from your perspective. I would just like to avoid being tied to i386 architecture to edit the few extra parameters on the UNO. Cheers, Steve.
Tr1n1ty

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth