Connecting Amplitube 4 to AXE IO Controller [SOLVED]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Connecting Amplitube 4 to AXE IO Controller [SOLVED]

Postby jmhrmail » Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 pm

The AXE IO is connected to my iMac.

I see signal from my guitar cable (AXE IO Input 1) indicated on the front of the AXE IO, as well as on the Audio Input and Amp Out signal meters in the AXE IO Controller.

Amplitube 4 is open, but it is not seeing any signal, and there is no output. How do I link Amplitube 4 with the AXE IO?

-- I can get signal and audio from the guitar, into the AXE IO, and out through GarageBand.
jmhrmail

Re: Connecting Amplitube 4 to AXE IO Controller

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting started.

Once you get your AXE I/O, register your device using the Authorization Manager. Once registered, check in My Products for your AXE I/O Control Panel and Drivers. Once installed, you can check for any firmware updates for your unit by simply opening the Control Panel (Open the application from a Finder window in Applications, then use the icon in the upper right hand corner to access this at any time).

Once your AXE I/O Control Panel and Drivers are installed, and your firmware is up to date, launch AmpliTube 4 and go to Settings > Audio/MIDI Set Up. This will allow for you to select the AXE I/O for input and output. This should be the last step to getting started with the AXE I/O. Hope this helps!

In the meantime, I did see your support contact has been replied to. Please work with the team. They should be able to get you working.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jdpelayop » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:18 am

Hi,

I'm having the same exact issue. I follow the steps outlined in the original answer, and while the AXE IO is selected as both input and output in Amplitube 4, on signal is coming through. Like the original poster, I also get a signal in GarageBand.

I'm running Mac OS Catalina on a Macbook Pro.
jdpelayop

Postby dlgebert » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:17 am

jdpelayop wrote:I'm running Mac OS Catalina on a Macbook Pro.

Are you using the plugin, or standalone? Amplitube 4 is not yet supported on MacOS Catalina...

Peter_IK wrote:Note for those who search and find this thread (instead of the main Catalina thread): We do have an AmpliTube update in progress and expect to have more news to share in the near future.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22662

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22428

That being said, I have my AXE I/O working ok on my iMac running Catalina and using Studio One 4.5 as my DAW and Amplitube 4 as a 64 bit plugin.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby jdpelayop » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 am

dlgebert

I'm using the stand alone version. It was updated in My Products page (latest release for Amplitube is 21-11-2019). I couldn't even installed it before, but now it runs perfectly, the only issue I've had so far is this problem using the Axe I/O as an input in Amplitube 4.

I haven't tried using Amplitube as a plugin, though, I'll try that tomorrow (pretty late over here now :))

That said, the Axe I/O is working perfectly with Garageband and Ableton Live, which makes me think it might be an issue with Amplitube on Catalina.
jdpelayop

Postby jdpelayop » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Ok, so I tried with two other interfaces I had around, with same results. Axe I/O and the other audio interfaces are detected and working fine with GarageBand and Ableton Live, but no signal coming through to Amplitube 4, both in stand along or as a VST.

I'm gonna open a support request.

Thanks!
jdpelayop

Postby dlgebert » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:49 pm

jdpelayop wrote:I'm using the stand alone version. It was updated in My Products page (latest release for Amplitube is 21-11-2019).

I just checked My Products section just now and I see it was updated on 11/21. Strange that there is no mention of it from Peter on his official thread or on the main page found here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=macoscatalina

The last update was from 11/19 about SampleTank.

Did you update to the latest AXE I/O control panel (AXE I/O Control Panel 1.1b)? There is no driver update since AXE I/O is class compliant and does not require an external driver on MacOS.

I'm going to install that latest version of Amplitube and see what happens and I'll reply back.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby jdpelayop » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'm using v1.1.0b of the Axe IO Control Panel. In the control panel the signal is there, so I don't think it's a problem with the Axe (either software or hardware), but with the newest version of Amplitube 4. As mentioned before, in GarageBand the Axe is detected and the signal goes through, but once you set Amplitube as a plugin, signal doesn't reach it. Same results with the stand alone version, and the same happens with an old Behringer interface I have here.
jdpelayop

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:54 pm

jdpelayop wrote:Hi Dave,

Yes, I'm using v1.1.0b of the Axe IO Control Panel. In the control panel the signal is there, so I don't think it's a problem with the Axe (either software or hardware), but with the newest version of Amplitube 4. As mentioned before, in GarageBand the Axe is detected and the signal goes through, but once you set Amplitube as a plugin, signal doesn't reach it. Same results with the stand alone version, and the same happens with an old Behringer interface I have here.

Make sure you have the input and output selected correctly in AmpliTube (if using the standalone version) or in your DAW (if using the plugin version and if all is correct there please let IK Support know so they can look at your specific setup and issue and they will troubleshoot with you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jdpelayop » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:26 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response!

I just double checked that I had the Axe I/O selected as an Input in Amplitube in the stand alone version, as you recommended. Unfortunately I got the same result, Axe is listed and selected, but no signal coming through; same with the VST plugin. This also happens with another interface I have around (works on Ableton Live and GarageBand, but not on Amplitube).

I also sent a support request earlier today. Hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow.
jdpelayop

Postby dlgebert » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:04 am

dlgebert wrote:I'm going to install that latest version of Amplitube and see what happens and I'll reply back.

I installed the latest version of Amplitube that is in my user area, 4.9.0, and it installed ok on my iMac using macOS Catalina.

I was able to use the Amplitube 64 bit plugin in Studio One 4.5.5 without a problem using my AXE I/O in instrument mode.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby jdpelayop » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:36 am

Dave,

Thanks for checking!

You are also using Axe I/O control panel v1.1.0b, correct? Did it also work in stand alone mode?

I might need to uninstall/reinstall everything and try again.
jdpelayop

Postby dlgebert » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:04 am

jdpelayop wrote:You are also using Axe I/O control panel v1.1.0b, correct?

Correct, that is the version I have and the control panel is working ok. The input meter is active, etc.

jdpelayop wrote:Did it also work in stand alone mode?

I never use any of the stand alone applications, but I tried using the Amplitube 4 stand alone application and it's 100% dead, no indication of a signal anywhere. The control panel lights were fine, but nothing in the Amplitube 4 stand alone application.

I verified that AXE I/O was the selected device in the AT4 application. I made sure that AXE I/O was not being used by the OS and nothing. I tried it with AXE I/O used as the main audio source for the OS and that works fine, but nothing in the stand alone application...

Like I mentioned, I never use the external applications since I only work inside of Studio One.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

Please note, there is a new version of AmpliTube 4.9.0 for macOS now in your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account. Grab this download when you can. This includes some new macOS 10.15 Catalina optimizations.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Once installed, make sure AmpliTube 4 stand alone has access to your microphone to use the AXE I/O or any audio interface.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1243
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jdpelayop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:51 am

Thanks Ryan! That did the trick.

I had to reinstall it in order to get it ask again for the permission, but now it works!

Thanks everyone who helped resolving this issue.
jdpelayop

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers