Can I leave iLoud Micro speakers powered on continuously?

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

Can I leave iLoud Micro speakers powered on continuously?

Postby stillhopeful » Sun May 26, 2019 10:28 am

Will it damage the iLoud Micros to leave them powered on? Is it safe?
Thanks.
stillhopeful

Re: Can I leave iLoud Micro speakers powered on continuously

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 28, 2019 4:17 pm

You could, but there will still be electricity consumed so I'd recommend shutting them off while not in use.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stillhopeful » Tue May 28, 2019 10:35 pm

Thanks. But do you think it would damage the speakers or risk dangerous overheating?
stillhopeful

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 29, 2019 10:16 pm

stillhopeful wrote:Thanks. But do you think it would damage the speakers or risk dangerous overheating?

I don't think it would cause any massive damage but it is always safest to turn them off. In my home studio, all equipment gets turned off after use. I have an 8-switch power unit within arm's reach where I can turn equipment on and off individually (or some are "grouped" to one switch) so I don't have to reach all over the place, behind things, etc. I would recommend you power them off if you don't expect to use them within around 8-10 hours again.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stillhopeful » Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Thank you for this further advice. In the meantime, I heard back from IKM tech support who said it was ok to leave the speakers on, and I am mindful that I used to leave my Genelec 8020s on all the time with no problems. But I'll probably play cautious with the ILouds. The on/off switch is inconvenient though...
stillhopeful

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Yes, they would give good advice in support. I would say that any additional "wear and tear" leaving them on would be some absurdly low number like 0.0001% more than turning them on and off anyway.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby fightstarter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:42 am

stillhopeful wrote:Thank you for this further advice. In the meantime, I heard back from IKM tech support who said it was ok to leave the speakers on, and I am mindful that I used to leave my Genelec 8020s on all the time with no problems. But I'll probably play cautious with the ILouds. The on/off switch is inconvenient though...

I turn them off every night before I go to sleep and turn them on every morning,because the LED indicator is so bright in my bedroom if I turned off all the lights :lol: ,on/off switch is inconvenient,that's true. :)
fightstarter

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers