Playing Amplitube and YouTube through same headphones?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Playing Amplitube and YouTube through same headphones?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon May 20, 2019 4:44 pm

oldbluejoe wrote:So in your system sound properties you also have to go the recording tap and set your hardware soundsystem as default. In my PC it's the regular Realtek speakers. And then the virtual cable can listen to the correct input feed.

Thanks for adding in this bit of information and everything is working.

C_berg1980 wrote:I followed the directions to the T. I still can not get it to work. I only have AT4 sound no Youtube or secondary audio. I can not figure out what I am doing incorrectly

Make sure you've restarted after installing the ASIO4ALL and VB Cable drivers and that you are seeing signal on your system audio meters.

When using a web browser, and changing audio drivers, you will need to refresh the page you are using. Some programs need to be restarted after these kinds of changes.

A quick thing to try also is swapping Input Left and Input Right as your Guitar and System Audio. I've seem this help in rare cases.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Wizzy80 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 pm

I can't set R(ecord) on Channel 1 and Channel 2, only one of them. I'm not getting any audio from youtube. Just silent.
Wizzy80

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Wizzy80 wrote:My Voicemeeter doesn't showing me my USB Audio CODEC in any input. Just my headphone microphone. How to solve it? It's showing speakers output in USB Audio CODEC, but not any input.

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but you may want to try clicking the WRENCH icon inside of the ASIO4ALL panel. This will open sub-devices. This can help you find any devices which are listed under other devices, like inputs and outputs for a particular interface.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Wizzy80 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 pm

I can't set R(ecord) on Channel 1 and Channel 2, only one of them. I'm not getting any audio from youtube. Just silent.
Wizzy80

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Wizzy80 wrote:I can't set R(ecord) on Channel 1 and Channel 2, only one of them. I'm not getting any audio from youtube. Just silent.

Make sure to check all other settings from the FAQ as well as the above suggestions. If you still have troubles from there, send a ticket into support and let me know the ticket number in a PM. I can alert the team and make sure someone gets back to you shortly to get you back to making music.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Wizzy80 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:
Wizzy80 wrote:I can't set R(ecord) on Channel 1 and Channel 2, only one of them. I'm not getting any audio from youtube. Just silent.

Make sure to check all other settings from the FAQ as well as the above suggestions. If you still have troubles from there, send a ticket into support and let me know the ticket number in a PM. I can alert the team and make sure someone gets back to you shortly to get you back to making music.

I have everything setup, but I can't do the 9. last step. I can either have channel 1 on R on channel 2, not both.
Wizzy80

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 pm

Wizzy80 wrote:I have everything setup, but I can't do the 9. last step. I can either have channel 1 on R on channel 2, not both.

Make sure to update to the latest AmpliTube 4. This download should be in your User Area -> My Products. If updating doesn't help, check with the team. The forums are great for user discussion, but support is the best place for getting direct help. Our team is educated on our products, so they should have no problems getting you back to playing music. :D
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby sta29982 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 am

I have got both methods working eventually.

It helps to understand what is being done so that it makes sense.

When using VB-Cable :-

1. Configure ASIO4ALL correctly first, as described. Then the required connections will be available in Amplitube. If you try to set the connections and the options aren't available, check the ASIO configuration.
  2. The output of the default windows audio such as youtube or media player will go into the start of VB-Cable, not your speaker out.
  3. Amplitube will then access the end of that virtual cable as VB-Audio Point 1.
  4. Chanel 1 is set to input one, which is your guitar input. Chanel 2 is set to input 1 is set to input two, which is the audio cable.
  5. Since both inputs are mono you will hear them in both ears. I was worried I would hear Windows in one ear and the guitar in the other ear.
  6. Using ASIO Routing the audio out of the combined input from your guitar and the Windows sounds is then set directly to your speaker out.
  7. If you can't hear the Windows sounds, restart the application that is sending them, Youtube or whatever. Amplitube has level meters for the imputs to both channels. Check that they are showing input first before moving on to checking that the output connections are working.

There is no documentation or help in Voicemeeter itself so read the manual.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Vo ... Manual.pdf

Voicemeeter comes with it's own ASIO drive so it is much easier to use that instead of ASIO4ALL. Then ASIO configuration on connecting is all managed inside Voicemeeter itself.

Voicemeeter is far more flexible that VB-Cable but you need to understand that the buses A and B are dedicated to different outputs. A is going to the real output, B is going to the virtual output. The virtual output is what you are going to be accessing in your applications such as Amplitube. So you will normally be sending inputs such as your guitar to B.

The cheaper Voicemeeter will do the job instead of going for the more complex/bigger donation versions.

I was getting very distorted sounds out my guitar at first. I discovered it was due to bit rate not being consistent. There was a mix of 44.1 and 48khz. I set everything to 48khz and that fixed it.

Channel 1 - Guitar In using IRig DUO Pro, Mono button pressed on input, Send to Bus B only.
Channel 2 - Not used.
Amplitube VAIO 1 and 2 for left and right channels on both input and output.
sta29982

Postby sta29982 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:30 am

I had a glitch that wouldn't go away when I started up Amplitube. I could hear the guitar but the sound was distorted. After fiddling around with various settings I found that selecting a different sound output, then setting it back to the voicemeeter driver in Amplitube settings got it back into sync with the rest of the audio chain.

Also check that the global bitrate in File->Project Settings is set to 48000. I couldn't set it so that it would 'stick' so I edited the xml file directly.
sta29982

Postby jonz80 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Late to the party but as i was fiddling with ASIO4All, Amplitube 4 and Irig Pro I/O for hours to get this working for me. Luckily i've stumbled on this thread and got V Cable - although it did not work as i follow the instructions to the "T" but the suggestion to flip the Left & Right channel did the trick, now all windows sound is route thru Left Channel and my Guitar is via Right Channel.

Now all Youtube, Spotify & Mp3's are working while Amplitube is up and running and i am dialing up to 10 while rocking away into the night without waking up daughter, wife and neighbours. You may need to dial in some different volume/input settings to get the right mix. Some additional tips below :-

1.) Configure V Cable in Sound Properties to "Mono". The default setting is stereo and this did not work well with stereo sound source as you'll be losing sound from either Left or Right channel - depending on how you set it up on Amplitube.

2.) Always switch Amplitube input to whichever one your Guitar is configured on (1 = Left, 2 = Right). I find this gives the best blend of background sound and Amplitube.

Cheers,
Jon
jonz80

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:08 pm

From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ukfigs » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:27 pm

Have tried to get this working on my Win 10 PC with no luck, followed the directions to the letter but for some reason the youtube sound does not appear on channel 2. Can get either AMP4 or YT sound but not both. When trying to test the virtual cable I get a popup that states another application has control and so the test sound does not work.
Probably some setup error on my part, but very frustrating none the less as I would have thought that this functionality would be a fairly basic requirement to learn and play along with online lessons, backing tracks, and songs.
ukfigs

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:34 pm

ukfigs wrote:Have tried to get this working on my Win 10 PC with no luck, followed the directions to the letter but for some reason the youtube sound does not appear on channel 2. Can get either AMP4 or YT sound but not both. When trying to test the virtual cable I get a popup that states another application has control and so the test sound does not work.
Probably some setup error on my part, but very frustrating none the less as I would have thought that this functionality would be a fairly basic requirement to learn and play along with online lessons, backing tracks, and songs.

If you are having trouble I'd recommend contacting support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for additional assistance.

Note that AmpliTube does include the ability to play along with lessons, backing tracks, etc if you import them into AmpliTube (and there are tools like slowing things down etc that are very handy).
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheAndreMan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:18 pm

oldbluejoe wrote:Hi,

So in your system sound properties you also have to go the recording tap and set your hardware soundsystem as default. In my PC it's the regular Realtek speakers. And then the virtual cable can listen to the correct input feed.

Can you clarify this please? I also use the default Realtek speakers but they only appear in Playback. Realtek line in and mic are there but it just says not plugged in.

Thanks.
TheAndreMan

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:50 am

I’m still figuring out why I cannot hear my guitar in A4 but CAN with headphone lol. I’m also wanting to be able to play with YouTube or backing tracks like everyone else. I can only get sound from guitar-Irig2hd-laptop. 5 I get no sound at all and massive latency. None with 4 but I’m new with amplitube want to find a distortion sound like Metallica or pantera
Milew8181

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling