Did IK giveaway Syntronic for free because it's broken?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Did IK giveaway Syntronic for free because it's broken?

Postby piercings » Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 am

Because it's broken.

I need to authorize some sounds, but the Authorization Manager is out of date so I must update it first. The "UPDATE" link is a dead-end every time and it just wants me to redirect to the homepage.

When I open GarageBand to try and access my fresh Syntronik sounds, the database fails to build every single time. I wants me to correct the file path or re-install the sounds. Which is impossible because the basically pointless Authorization Manager refuses to spit me out of its ridiculous loophole.

Oh, yes, I've browsed these forums seeking answers. And there are countless others facing this same problem, all the way back to 2014 (or maybe further, IDK anymore) with no single solution yet known. Posts to the forum earlier this year found some solutions, but each solution worked differently for each user (AKA this is a widespread bug with no real patch or update).

Problem is seen across all DAWs, not just GarageBand.

How the heck can I use your software if it is literally nonfunctional? Thanks.
piercings

Re: Did IK giveaway Syntronic for free because it's broken?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 17, 2019 2:13 am

To answer your topic title's question: No. It works very well.

If you are having issues, please let IK Support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can surely figure out what's going on and get you up and running and enjoying Syntronik like many currently are doing.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Did IK giveaway Syntronic for free because it's broken?

Postby piercings » Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 am

Peter_IK wrote:To answer your topic title's question: No. It works very well.

If you are having issues, please let IK Support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they can surely figure out what's going on and get you up and running and enjoying Syntronik like many currently are doing.

Thanks!

Thank you.
piercings

Return to General Discussions