Notes sustain at a low volume after release

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Notes sustain at a low volume after release

Postby toddskinner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 am

I've noticed on a few different presets that a note will continue to play softly in the background after release. I've included an example I recorded from my UNO. This is preset 75, with the delay mix set to 0 and the Amp release set to 0. Please note how the note I've played persists in the background until about 12 seconds when it suddenly cuts out. It happens again at 23 seconds after I play a second note.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cXgmb0 ... ZSr_C/view

This is not an issue with noise, the noise level is fine. I've updated the UNO to the latest firmware. The audio clip I recorded was while using battery power, but this also happens using USB power.

Is this normal? I've seen a few other discussions about this, but the subject always seems to change to noise. As I've said, I have no issue with noise here, just this "ghost" note that remains after the note release.
toddskinner

Re: Notes sustain at a low volume after release

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed May 15, 2019 5:30 pm

Hey toddskinner,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Make sure the firmware version 1.1.3 was downloaded and installed. This latest version of your firmware can be downloaded here. This was recently released, so I did want to make sure to mention this, even though you did mention an update.

To check your current firmware version, check the number which appears after the CAL process. This occurs on each power up.

If this does not help, check to see if this is related to settings in your ADSR for the AmpliTube or Filter on your unit. To access the full ADSR for these sections on your physical UNO Synth, press and hold the ENV (AmpliTube ADSR) or Filter (Filter ADSR) button until it begins to flash.

If this information did not help, make sure to check with the support team what could be going on.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Notes sustain at a low volume after release

Postby toddskinner » Wed May 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Confirmed I am using version 1.1.3. Accessed full envelope controls as per your instructions and set decay, sustain, and release levels to 0 for both filter and AmpliTube envelopes. Still no dice so I've created a support ticket. I believe I may have a faulty unit and will need to request a refund or exchange.
toddskinner

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth