ARC 2.5 NOT working with Apollo Thunderbolt

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 2.5 NOT working with Apollo Thunderbolt

Postby hammeken » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:14 am

To my big surprise I found out that ARC 2.5 measurement doesn't support Universal Audio's Apollo thunderbolt devices. I can only choose The firewire or USB option in the measurement app. When I do I get a "can't start the audio driver" popup.

Wow.. this means I can't use this software with one of the most renouned manufacureres in the industry who has made thunderbolt interfaces since 2012.

Also the fact that IK multimedia has been "sleeping" for like 5-7 years and never made a systemwide app to go along with ARC just means that I (like many other IK Multimedia costumers) have to switch to **another correction tool** Reference. It's really a pity as I've had ARC a real long time and uptill now really liked the product but time has surpassed IK Multimedia and others are taking over their marked shares rapidly with a far superior product while constantly improving their product. Within the first year or so **another correction tool** made a systemwide app, and of course supports thunderbolt interfaces. How's that for reference IK?.

Both pro and non-pro mixers use things like youtube as reference, tutorials etc all the time, so we all need to have room correction on our system when doing so.
I guess IK multimedia ARC was a thing of the past for me as it has become utterly useless - unfortubately!
hammeken

Re: ARC 2.5 NOT working with Apollo Thunderbolt

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello hammeken,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry to hear of your troubles getting set up.

While I will be more than happy to pass your interest in the system wide topic for Arc 2.5. I would strongly suggest reaching out to IK Multimedia technical support at the link below. Keep in mind this is a user-to-user discussion forum and not a support forum.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Note - Arc 2 needs your Audio Interface set to 48kHz, so make sure this is the case before launching Arc's Measurement program.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Brennmeister » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Unfortunately, I have the same problem!
When I bought ARC 2, I could not read anywhere that the TB interface would not work. :(
Brennmeister

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Brennmeister wrote:Unfortunately, I have the same problem!
When I bought ARC 2, I could not read anywhere that the TB interface would not work. :(

Make sure to also reach out to support and let them know what is going on here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby intek-audio » Sun May 05, 2019 8:34 am

Having same issue here, I wish IK and dealers would note on their sites that Apollo Thunderbolt and this device are not compatible.

Yes, audio interface is set to 48 KHz.
intek-audio

Postby intek-audio » Mon May 06, 2019 4:24 am

I was able to overcome this issue by installing temporarily asio4all, creating my configuration for my studio/speakers and after uninstalling asio4all.
intek-audio

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 pm

intek-audio wrote:I was able to overcome this issue by installing temporarily asio4all, creating my configuration for my studio/speakers and after uninstalling asio4all.

Glad to hear you were able to get everything running. Feel free to share some screen shots of your settings to help anyone here having troubles.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools