Begging For Install Help

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Begging For Install Help

Postby Bobby T » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:07 am

Greetings all...

I'm all ready to install SampleTank 4. What I'm hoping that mebbe there are some pros out there who can take this total newb by the hand and show him how to install my plugins so that I can access and use them in Cakewalk by Bandlab. I'm afraid I'll make a mess out of it, especially since I have no clue about what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks so much... all help will be appreciated!
Bobby T

Re: Begging For Install Help

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Hello Bobby T and welcome to the forums.

To install ST4 :

1) Download and install the main app, current version 4.03
2) Open the Authorisation Manager (which will be installed with the above) and type in your serial number to authorise the software.
3) Then (under the Sounds Download tab) download and install SampleTank Instruments Installer 1.1. Unless you are putting the content on a secondary/external drive you should leave this to install at the default location.
4) Next, download and install all the sample packs, followed by the Sound Library Update 1.3
5) That's it! Open ST4 and the database should compile all the sample content you've installed.
6) Configure your Audio and MIDI and you're good to go for the standalone. You should also download the user manual available under the Download Resources button.
7) When you next open Cakewalk it should find the ST4 plugin and make it available to you in the DAW.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Bobby T » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi Garfy...

First off, let me thank you SO much for getting back to me. I have been trying to get some help to install my software on other forums, as well as here, since yesterday, but didn't really get any useful replies. You're the first one that really seems to know what you're doing!!!

I completed all the downloads yesterday. These files are HUGE!!! It took me most of the day to get them all.

As per your instructions;

The main app, version 4.03 has been downloaded, installed and authorized.

The SampleTank Instrument Installer 1.1 has been downloaded. But when I try to install it I get "Installation Aborted - Cannot find any sound content to copy."

When I try to install a Sample Packs directly from it's folder, I get the same message - "Installation Aborted - Cannot find any sound content to copy."

And so, this is where I am at the moment. I really don't have any idea on what to do next.

I was wondering if each Sample Pack has to be unzipped, and if so, where would I put the unzipped files?

I hope you can excuse me for my total incompetence in trying to do this. As I said... This is the first time I've ever attempted to install and use this kind of software. That, and the fact that my 63 year old brain may not be firing on all cylinders the way it used to. :?
Bobby T

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am

Hey, no problems Bobby T.

Sorry that you've still got issues.

What operating system are you using?
garfy

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 am

Also...

Bobby T wrote:I was wondering if each Sample Pack has to be unzipped, and if so, where would I put the unzipped files?

No. All you should need to do is unzip the downloads (if applicable) and then click on the installer, that should take care of the installation.

What are you using to unzip the downloads?
garfy

Re: Begging For Install Help... RESOLVED

Postby Bobby T » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Once again, Garfy… thanks so much for getting back to me.

I bought SampleTank 4 on line from Sweetwater. So far, their tech service had been exceptional. When I first downloaded the app, I noticed that I was given SampleTank Custom Shop 3.7.3 even though I paid for SampleTank 4. I called Sweetwater and the tech immediately set me up and download ST4.

So, on a whim, I decided to give them a call again this morning in hopes that they could help me get the software installed. I spoke with Tyler and sure enough, he took control of my screen and got it done.

It’s a good thing that I decided to call him because he first had to go into my system to check off some “permissions” as he called them. He then took the time to make sure I could install all the samples on my own. He watched me do a couple. And while he was on the line, he checked to make sure that I could access ST4 in Cakewalk – which I can – even though he wasn’t familiar with it.

I’m the kind of guy who learns better by visual, hands on instructions. And so, this was another plus that came from my phone call. I’m fairly sure that I would be able to do the installation on my own again if need be.

I just wanted to let you know that your responses to me were so very much appreciated.

Bobby
Bobby T

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:00 pm

That's great news Bobby, I'm glad you're all sorted.
garfy

Return to The Jam Session