SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby andrewfa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:30 pm

DarkStar wrote:
andrewfa wrote:dang, I thought I was out of the woods. About to put ST2 and ST3 out to pasture. But when I was testing Imported instruments effects for silver-machine, I discovered that many of my imported ST2 Philharmonik instruments are corrupt. Loading the samples seems to get aborted (no error message though) and the upper range is choppy and distorted. One example is "Cellos Exp LP LNG". I went back to ST3 (where they were originally imported from ST2) and they play fine there.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

You should have a few hours left today to contact them ;)

This issue still isn't fixed in 4.0.3. On March 11 tech support said they were working on it. Shouldn't this be on the "SampleTank 4 Status" page?
andrewfa

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:25 pm

andrewfa wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
andrewfa wrote:dang, I thought I was out of the woods. About to put ST2 and ST3 out to pasture. But when I was testing Imported instruments effects for silver-machine, I discovered that many of my imported ST2 Philharmonik instruments are corrupt. Loading the samples seems to get aborted (no error message though) and the upper range is choppy and distorted. One example is "Cellos Exp LP LNG". I went back to ST3 (where they were originally imported from ST2) and they play fine there.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

You should have a few hours left today to contact them ;)

This issue still isn't fixed in 4.0.3. On March 11 tech support said they were working on it. Shouldn't this be on the "SampleTank 4 Status" page?

I've put the issues that were reported back as global issues. There was an issue with multis using ST3 sounds / imported sounds from what I recall and that was fixed. If that is the issue and remains and issue for you, please continue to work with IK Support and the will most certainly see it through. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.3 + library updates] Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

If your issue isn't specifically this:

Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]

Then IK Support would be working to fix it for you directly in your ticket.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andrewfa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If your issue isn't specifically this:

Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]

What I mean is this seems like it should be an official bug on the status page. Other users are having this issue - tech support acknowledged this is a known issue, not just my issue.
andrewfa

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 pm

andrewfa wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:If your issue isn't specifically this:

What I mean is this seems like it should be an official bug on the status page. Other users are having this issue - tech support acknowledged this is a known issue, not just my issue.

I post there what the testing team and devs provide to me. For any official information on your issue, IK Support would be the best direct source. They can assist you in your ticket and answer any questions you have about this issue.

Edit - I definitely don't see this in any lists/info I was sent. I'll get information from the bug tracking system and your ticket and if it isn't supposed to be fixed in 4.0.3 but is on the plate of things for a future update for sure it should be added. Also anything that may have crept up after the update should be added when I'm made aware but they'll likely still be verifying/recreating/etc at this point so those would not likely be confirmed today.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 pm

I just opened a support ticket. The new update hasn't resolved my crashes when loading large presets.

I updated with the latest, then tested the standalone ST4 MAX, which proceeded to crash immediately when I loaded a large piano, then switched to a large guitar sound.

I was also able to reproduce this as a VST3 plugin in Studio One 4. But I figure the standalone crashes are more relevant, since that eliminates any VST host conflicts.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64.
zzz00m

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 am

zzz00m wrote:I just opened a support ticket. The new update hasn't resolved my crashes when loading large presets.

I updated with the latest, then tested the standalone ST4 MAX, which proceeded to crash immediately when I loaded a large piano, then switched to a large guitar sound.

I was also able to reproduce this as a VST3 plugin in Studio One 4. But I figure the standalone crashes are more relevant, since that eliminates any VST host conflicts.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64.

In the mean time have you tried different settings in the new streaming settings section?

Though I also believe that it may be the switching between presets as I've seen that as a commonality between the ost-4.0.3 crash reports.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:22 am

Peter_IK wrote:
zzz00m wrote:In the mean time have you tried different settings in the new streaming settings section?

Though I also believe that it may be the switching between presets as I've seen that as a commonality between the ost-4.0.3 crash reports.

My streaming settings are both at the default "Medium" settings. My samples are located on an internal SATA 7200rpm HDD.

My OS, applications, and plugins are all on my system drive which is SSD. I have 8GB DDR3 RAM running at 1600MHz, dual channel. I am using a FireWire audio interface running with ASIO currently at 44.1KHz, with a 512 sample buffer. My system is tuned for audio, and passes the LatencyMon test for real-time audio. ST4 is the only audio application that is not cooperating with me at the moment.

I had observed the commonality of the other reports of crashes when switching presets, so I was hopeful that this update would resolve that.
zzz00m

Postby bdjwilson5 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:34 am

new v4.0.3 has fixed a bunch of things for me - yeah!

but ... the .st3m are not all working solid in ST4

Issue 1)
I have a .st3m I created with Syntronik in Syntronik and it sounds different and better in Syntronik - not that nice in v4.0.3 (something missing)
(updated post)
--- if I actually pick/reload each instrument as was in ST4 for this .st3m then this new multi is fine
--- another .st3m had 2 layered organ instruments - in ST4 they were a 1/2 step off in tuning --- a reload of both fixed it
... so something not quite right in pulling in these .st3m's into ST4

Issue 2)
none of the older and awesome still ST2 presets load fully
- ex. Bass & Guitar - "Atmo Stick" shows it is loading, but no instruments show up ... but the effects did change ... so a partial load!
bdjwilson5

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:21 am

andrewfa wrote:Library Update 1.3 wouldn't download on Safari. I had to use Chrome.

I was not able to download the Sound Content Update 1.3 using Safari either. No matter how many files I choose using the new download UI, it prints downloading, but nothing happens. The software update downloaded ok.

In the meantime, I downloaded it using my Android tablet using Chrome and uploaded the file to Google Drive, and then downloaded to my iMac using Google Drive.

I also tried downloading one of my MP2 files and one of my Syntronik Deluxe files and those would not download either. :(

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby andrewfa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:49 am

dlgebert wrote:
andrewfa wrote:Library Update 1.3 wouldn't download on Safari. I had to use Chrome.

I was not able to download the Sound Content Update 1.3 using Safari either. No matter how many files I choose using the new download UI, it prints downloading, but nothing happens. The software update downloaded ok.

In the meantime, I downloaded it using my Android tablet using Chrome and uploaded the file to Google Drive, and then downloaded to my iMac using Google Drive.

I also tried downloading one of my MP2 files and one of my Syntronik Deluxe files and those would not download either. :(

Thanks- Dave

Odd that they don’t test these things on the stock Mac browser.
andrewfa

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:04 am

andrewfa wrote:
dlgebert wrote:

Thanks- Dave

I refuse to install Chrome on my iMac...
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:37 pm

andrewfa wrote:
dlgebert wrote:

Thanks- Dave

That’s an assumption. The testing team and devs do use Safari as part of their testing. Sorry it isn’t working for some. I will relay your issue to the team so they can see what’s going on.

Also note that you should make sure your cache and cookies have been cleared or your browser may not work properly due to cached information about the previous download UO/system being stored locally.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:42 pm

wilnwil wrote:new v4.0.3 has fixed a bunch of things for me - yeah!

but ... the .st3m are not all working solid in ST4

Issue 1)
I have a .st3m I created with Syntronik in Syntronik and it sounds different and better in Syntronik - not that nice in v4.0.3 (something missing)
(updated post)
--- if I actually pick/reload each instrument as was in ST4 for this .st3m then this new multi is fine
--- another .st3m had 2 layered organ instruments - in ST4 they were a 1/2 step off in tuning --- a reload of both fixed it
... so something not quite right in pulling in these .st3m's into ST4

Issue 2)

none of the older and awesome still ST2 presets load fully
- ex. Bass & Guitar - "Atmo Stick" shows it is loading, but no instruments show up ... but the effects did change ... so a partial load!

Please report these to IK Support (or update an existing ticket if you have one). They will assist you with any issues you are having directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also note that you should make sure your cache and cookies have been cleared or your browser may not work properly due to cached information about the previous download UO/system being stored locally.

Peter,

I clear my Safari cache and history every time before I close the Safari application. I also shutdown my iMac when I'm done using it. I have my tablet for quick searches, e-mail, etc. I use my iMac for music production and game development only.

I tried changing a few Safari settings, like turning off the pop-up blocker for this site, and some other security related stuff, and made sure JavaScript was enabled, etc., but those didn't make a difference.

Thanks for relaying this to the dev team.

Dave
dlgebert

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More