SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby bill4510 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:34 pm

While waiting for a response from support, should leave support ticket site open
or wait for email response?
bill4510

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm

You can Reply to your Ticket at any time. Users cannot Close their tickets (as far as I know). When Support replies, the ticket will be marked as Closed, but you can still Reply again with more info or related questions, to re-open it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 pm

And you will receive email notification when a support rep replies to your ticket.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Tried installing ST4 SE, and have 2 dialog boxes that pop up saying,,
"The code execution cannot proceeed because VCRUNTIME 140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." plus another similar one with a different file not found.

I'm running a Win10 laptop, i7, 8Gb. I followed the instructions.

Based on the many many posts on installation problems, is this a case where if I simply wait a few weeks these problems are likely to be sorted? Personally, I'd rather wait awhile than deal with installation hassles.
randyfreemire

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 pm

randyfreemire wrote:Tried installing ST4 SE, and have 2 dialog boxes that pop up saying,,
"The code execution cannot proceeed because VCRUNTIME 140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." plus another similar one with a different file not found.

Based on the many many posts on installation problems, is this a case where if I simply wait a few weeks these problems are likely to be sorted? Personally, I'd rather wait awhile than deal with installation hassles.

That is not expected behavior. I installed in a similar environment without that issue. I'd suggest reaching out directly to IK Support who can troubleshoot to find out why you're seeing this error. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 pm

halfcack wrote:Why doesn’t the program install itself, make its predesignated paths, boot and is ready to go. 10 years ago it did that, what has changed.

It does. Especially the USB version. There, you install the application/plugin with its installer. You install the sound libraries with that second installer. Authorize using the serial number you received by running Authorization Manager.

For downloads, yes there are a lot of files to download but if you install each of them after installing the application/plugin, it should work. I have done so twice with the full download and installation (yes, twice downloading and installing on separate occasions) of SampleTank 4 MAX (the largest/most files to download and install) and this included some previous libraries that are included like London Grooves and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 which detected the SampleTank 3 installation path for these libraries without fail and installed correctly into the right location.

I understand it may be a lot to keep track of, and that is why there is movement to improve things by reducing the amount of downloads and separate installers required and having a manager to keep track of where you are in the process.

The process is cumbersome, yes, and this is the largest content release IK has ever released and much has been learned. The best solution for those that do not want to download and install multiple files and keep track of all of those would be the USB version which I've described above as being much more straightforward.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zzz00m » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:32 pm

randyfreemire wrote:Tried installing ST4 SE, and have 2 dialog boxes that pop up saying,,

That error may indicate that your Windows installation could be missing a specific Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library that the installer needs. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/vcruntim ... is-missing

I agree with Peter, that you should get support to troubleshoot your issue, as that isn't likely to be a widespread issue, but rather a local one.
zzz00m

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

halfcack wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
bill4510 wrote:ow come there are MACosx stuff in the windows zip downloads?

I believe they were compressed on Mac OS. The Windows installer will install the correct content from the sound library files.
WOW. I did not know that windows files could be opened by a Mac. I tossed all those files. So, what I did is toss half or more of the content out. Right ?

From my experience, the downloadable Sound Content files have three items in each of them:

+ The sound content itself. (folder)
+ A MacOS package file. (.pkg)
+ A Windows install executable. (.exe)

These items are then "compressed" into the universal .zip format AND the MacOS disk image (.dmg). The .zip is presented on the website as the "Windows" version and the .dmg as the MacOS version.

If you download the .dmg files on Windows, use 7-Zip to extract the compressed file and then install using the .exe file. The .pkg file is not needed.

If you download the .zip files on MacOS, extract the .zip files using the native MacOS extractor and install using the .pkg file. The .exe file is not needed.

The commonality to either of these choices is that the Sound Content is the same. Back in the day, IKM Sound Content usually came in just .zip files and both .pkg and .exe were in the .zip files. If you have the full version of MP2, the Sound Content Update files are still only in the older .zip format.

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Postby mikehulse » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

ST4SE install on Mac leaves a lock on the ST4 Icon. I opened a ticket quite awhile ago, and IK never responded. Usually you get an email with a code. They never sent it, or even bothered to flipped me the finger.

I was able to get it going on one of my WIndows 10 PCs, but not on my Mac. The program sees all of my ST3 stuff from Total Max 2, but not the stuff from 4.

Also, I tried the decompression program everyone raves about that starts with "K", and tried others, as well. No joy there. The files would not even complete the install process without using terminal, but there sits the lock icon. I even wasted one of my ST3 MAX licenses attempts.

I really wanted to get ST4MAX, but if I can't even get real help getting ST4SE to work, why should I invest in this company?
mikehulse

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi mikehulse. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the software.

As you have already opened a ticket with support it is best to continue to work with them for one-to-one support.

If you have not received a satisfactory response from them, you can do one of two things. Firstly, reply to your own ticket asking if they have any further news for you. Secondly, as per the guidance given in this post viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "You can send a private message to Ryan_IK with your ticket number if you feel a ticket is taking too long or is not being handled to your satisfaction."

You don't say when you opened you ticket, but a locked symbol will probably be something to do with authorisation and definitely best left to support to fix with you.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jepowell » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Please please will IKM produce an auto-installer.

I have the max version of ST4, and opening and installing 90+ disk images and packages is driving me mad..

I'm installing it on two computers. I had hoped that I could just copy the expanded files from my primary installation to the second, but it doesn't work. Anyone know of a way to copy across the config files to make this quicker method work? (Mac Mojave)
jepowell

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:39 pm

jepowell wrote:Please please will IKM produce an auto-installer.

I have the max version of ST4, and opening and installing 90+ disk images and packages is driving me mad..

I'm installing it on two computers. I had hoped that I could just copy the expanded files from my primary installation to the second, but it doesn't work. Anyone know of a way to copy across the config files to make this quicker method work? (Mac Mojave)

You should be able to copy the sound library location directory structure to another drive, and point the SampleTank 4 installation on the second machine to that location. Since that doesn't seem to be working for you, you may want to consult IK Support directly to see what's happening in your case.

The database should rescan when you set the paths on the new computer and create any configs etc that are needed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jepowell » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Many thanks -

I tried rescanning, but it didn't find the files. I'll try again. I assume this is done from within the settings, 'sound content' tab.
jepowell

Postby esierka » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 am

Is anyone else having polyphony cutoff issues? I notice that for some sounds (The black electric guitar for example) if I play and hold a lower note and keep playing higher notes the the lower note cuts off after a few notes. And yes I have the polyphony set to max (256 I believe). Overall I have not found this version to be stable. It definitely causes performance issues (pops/clicks/pauses) that literally non of my other of dozens and dozens of vsti's cause. As soon as I unload SampleTank from my DAW, performance is great. I so badly want Sampletank to just work great and be rock solid. Any thoughts? Will 2.0.3 fix this?
esierka

Postby artemX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:26 pm

deleted
Last edited by artemX on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artemX

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More