SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby 4vientos » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 am

Has anyone with install problems changed any of the
default 'sharing' settings on their Public Documents folder?
An installer might expect there to be no limitations on that folder,
while msoft does allow some limitation to be made.

Has anyone installed to disk space once heavily fragmented,
but not properly de-fragged by a serious 3rd party defrag utility?
mi dos centavos
4vientos

Postby rx8doc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm

is the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 multi folder under sampletank 3 on the usb MAX drive supposed to be empty? I do not see any multis for MP2CE I do not see Miroslav Philharmonik (1) that I set the instrument locations to. Sorry for so many questions but not getting any support help I guess they are very busy right now (not a put down or slam intended)
rx8doc

Postby bill4510 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Can I get phone support? can not find a phone number for tech support.
bill4510

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 pm

bill4510 wrote:Can I get phone support? can not find a phone number for tech support.

IK Support does not have inbound phone support available. However, if you feel your situation warrants discussion via phone, please let them know in your ticket. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
bill4510 wrote:ow come there are MACosx stuff in the windows zip downloads?

I believe they were compressed on Mac OS. The Windows installer will install the correct content from the sound library files.
WOW. I did not know that windows files could be opened by a Mac. I tossed all those files. So, what I did is toss half or more of the content out. Right ?
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
bill4510 wrote:Can I get phone support? can not find a phone number for tech support.

IK Support does not have inbound phone support available. However, if you feel your situation warrants discussion via phone, please let them know in your ticket. Thanks!
Hold on. No phone support. Can you imagine getting an email from me trying to tell what is going on ? Email is not even up to drum communitions over miles of jungle.

ik 9 would be out by then.

This is related and is an example directly relating to this situation. I’ve know from the start that we, myself and support were speaking two different languages. I could never master English much more I would believe Italian. The are doing both.

Lee Watkins, a friend of mine got a job in LA working for a little known but a completely overwhelming funded company.

The owner, a Japanese man could speak very little English. Certainly understanding it was out of the question. Lee applied for a soldering job.

In less than a year, the company grew because Lee too over the entire operation. He was reading the Japanese manuals in English and could barely understand them.

He rewrote the manuals at home on his time. The company hired people that could speak LA. He also learned a working knowledge of Japanese. He turned in fact to be the faux head of the company while maintaining humility and abhorring braggadocia.

That company was Hosa. He caught cancer and passed. I met the wealthy Japanese founder, owner, idea guy again at NAMM, post Lee, in later years.

He was at the by then, overwhelming, or acre Hosa booth still dressed in the same white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up a bit. He smiled and we both slightly bowed.

The point is, there will always be immense problems with people that don’t know LA'ese, know the product but interpretation is all over the map. No one is at fault, it’s culture. Just like I knew he missed Lee, owed all to him, he knew I missed a good friend that understood he was still standing where he was.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Many companies to not have direct support phone lines. Our support team has worked very well using the ticketing system and will communicate in a way that best assists a particular issue or customer if the case arises.

Let's return to the topic of SampleTank 4, please. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill4510 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Don't think you can open mac files on Windows.They used a Mac to zip the windows files.
bill4510

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, you should be able to download SampleTank 4 from your IK User Area under "My Products" and then the Sounds Downloads for your version (in your case SE). They will be in the dropdown - download them all, then extract the zip or dmg files for the sound library installers and run the installer that is in each of them.

That will be a typical installation which will get you all that you should have in your version (download, not USB stick). If you doubt what you see is all you should have, note that the lists I've linked directly below which are also available from the SampleTank 4 Sounds page are complete and you can use them to compare:

ST 4 SE
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... uments.pdf

ST 4

ST 4 MAX

ST 4 Versions Comparison
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf
All right, that explains everything and I didn’t have to go past the first url.

It’s my fault for assuming the 2000 carefully selected samples were picked by me. They weren’t so I have nothe to be unhappy about.

Tibetan Bowls. I haven’t even seen a sound listed like that before. After a bit of a chuckle I went on. No wonder the material is so thin.

With all humility and time put in, I don’t think the big bad guy would suit my needs.

Is it possible to import an exact copy of my sound content in SP3 iOS to a folder in GarageBand in MacBook Air from my iPad Pro 11.

Just my personal tastes not criticizing anyone but it would be perfection for me.

Thank you.
halfcack

Postby halfcack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Many companies to not have direct support phone lines. Our support team has worked very well using the ticketing system and will communicate in a way that best assists a particular issue or customer if the case arises.

Let's return to the topic of SampleTank 4, please. Thanks!
Peter, that was meant with dignity not implied in Amy other way.

If we need to forum this out. The a company made me but two complete full SampleTank 3's to get rid of the free version which they knew would never happen. Free would always be listed.

I filed so many support tickets and with a's spell correction it got to the point I could not spell check anymore. WHAT I TYPE is totally controlled by a's knowing what I want to say not what I want to say. Example at beginning of sentence.

There were no considerations as far as price. A totally blamed IK, IK didn’t understand what that meant. A said ik owes you, ik didn’t understand what owes you meant.

Wow, to say I’m off topic when I have politely danced the Lambada for weeks is sort of insulting although no questions are being answered.

Peter, I’m sorry if it seems I, off topic but out of the uncountable “tickets” no results. The same thing happened with a 50$ daw. Twice, same result.

Why doesn’t the program install itself, make its predesignated paths, boot and is ready to go. 10 years ago it did that, what has changed.

I know as spokesman you have a lot on your plate. This should have been listed in the preorder form. Will take a knowledgeable technician to follow installation instructions for the preorders product to properly function.

These costs are separate from preorder costs. Preorder is not a good thing. It is looked on like a start up, busher, haven’t worked a job in my life, looking for alcohol.

Sorry if this is rude. As said before, a few glitches, regular upgrades for security, etc is great.

To be this far away from download, shipping doesn’t look good and many of us are past the refund due to card.

Sorry Peter, this is wearing on everyone.
halfcack

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 pm

halfcack wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
bill4510 wrote:ow come there are MACosx stuff in the windows zip downloads?

I believe they were compressed on Mac OS. The Windows installer will install the correct content from the sound library files.
WOW. I did not know that windows files could be opened by a Mac. I tossed all those files. So, what I did is toss half or more of the content out. Right ?

it depends on what you deleted. But, you still have the download files or the USB drive, don't you?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:12 pm

bill4510 wrote:Don't think you can open mac files on Windows.They used a Mac to zip the windows files.

7-Zip can open Mac .dmg (Disk Image) files.

https://www.7-zip.org/
dlgebert

Postby MountainSide » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 am

I need to send Support some pics of my directory tree. How do I upload pics to Jason on the Support Team message board?

Jeff
MountainSide

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 am

MountainSide wrote:I need to send Support some pics of my directory tree. How do I upload pics to Jason on the Support Team message board?

Jeff

You can't upload pics directly, you need to host them elsewhere and then send links.

I normally use https://imgur.com but there are other sites available.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby MountainSide » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks Garfy, appreciate your help. I'll try DropBox.
MountainSide

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More