SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby bill4510 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16 pm

kcearl wrote:Cant belive I missed the special pricing by a week...man I need to open emails :lol:

How much is the upgrade price now?
bill4510

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 pm

bill4510 wrote:
kcearl wrote:Cant belive I missed the special pricing by a week...man I need to open emails :lol:

You can see your pricing at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... k-4&R=INIT and if you wnat to see all upgrades/crossgrades for which you are eligible, please visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

If you qualify (having a product 99.99+ purchased and registered) you'll see this price:

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kcearl » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:52 am

bill4510 wrote:

It went up by $100 for Max which I bought anyway...I miss everything, missed the free electribe with the prologue by two days too

Wheres the facepalm smiley? ;)
kcearl

Postby bill4510 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:38 am

Thanks, the install pain may be worth the $100 I saved.
Still not working. I do have a support ticket.
bill4510

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Please note I've added to the SampleTank 4 Status post with the resource usage and additional crash reports items.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello DarkStar,

THANK YOU. This is my exact situation. I do not want to rename "Public Documents" to "Documents" as the Documents folder is being used by other programs.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I sent more info to support, but have not heard back. I have clearly explained the situation, but am always asked for more information. How much more can I provide??

I've had the usb for 2 weeks, and have not yet heard one sound.
SKmultimediaST@

Postby zzz00m » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 pm

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Hello DarkStar,

THANK YOU. This is my exact situation. I do not want to rename "Public Documents" to "Documents" as the Documents folder is being used by other programs.

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I sent more info to support, but have not heard back. I have clearly explained the situation, but am always asked for more information. How much more can I provide??

I've had the usb for 2 weeks, and have not yet heard one sound.

I successfully installed all of my ST4 content on a separate drive and path: "D:\SampleTank 4", and that works fine.

So I don't see why you couldn't create a new path "C\:SampleTank 4" and install all content there.

For some reason my installer also created a folder path under "Public Documents", but all of the folders in that path are completely empty. So I assume that ST4 can survive without actually being in that specific location.
Last edited by zzz00m on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzz00m

Postby praisetracks » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 pm

zzz00m wrote:For some reason my installer also created a folder path under "Public Documents", but all of the folders in that path are completely empty. So I assume that ST4 can survive without actually being in that specific location.

I just finished the process (it was indeed a labor of love ;) ).

When you are first presented with the "default" installation directory you can navigate (using the file explorer tree presented) to the drive you want to install the content to, create a folder and then select that folder.
When you then go to install the other sound files it will point to and install into that new library.

If you ever decide to move the library to another drive you can point SampleTank 4 to that new content location in the settings.

Joyfully,
Simeon
praisetracks

Postby halfcack » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi Guy’s and gal’s,

This has grown immensely since a day and half ago.

I wonder if the content and program can be shipped on two separate sticks. One for parts that require speed, content like loads, the other for slow stuff. If content were put on a really fast stick at extra charge no problem, I would be really happy.

I find myself going back to ST3 for iOS, The sounds there are enourmous and absolutely no offense to anyone and anything can be wrong at this point. The content on iOS ST3 to my ear is great.

It’s what I’m use to, the interface is easy to read and sorry to be blunt, sounds much better to me that the mediocre samples one SE. It is most assuredly me. I would like to hear someone same something.

At this point, phone support is not going to help. Everyone will be aggravated even more. I just don’t have an answer. Nine years ago when I left “computers” for iOS, it has been most productive. I don’t know what questions to ask.

I just remember when Jordan was looking around for his normal guitar samples at NAMM and IK had removed the from the content so he would be forced to work without them. It can be done, correct.

I don’t have the knowledge to ask decent questions anymore. When I left, didn’t programs like my fav “Reaper” install themselves, vst’s and vsti’s all in one swoop. Either that or I forgot it.

I think it has come to the point of a support you tube vid for all three versions. You can do it step, do the step, get the results that should have happened or go back to the previous step. I would rather have it in print but the ink required to print the panels is overwhelming.

I have to ask at this point who has installed their’s to their satisfaction and who is still having problems. I find usually people who have had a prefect install are silent, others cry out. Which is this?

Obviously, this is an extremely reasonable group of people. The questions above are fairly easy to answer. I would opt for a fast drive which costs nearly nothing and works just by plugging in a type C connector, no porblem. If it could be a ripping usb stick, that’s cool too.

I would like to hear the state of the SE address.

Does anyone see another way. I have gotten sound out of both installs but I afraid of trying different suggestion for other ways might work. Do we have a go here or is everyone having problems.

I would think all at this point all would be ready to go for an external drive which should be, am I wrong, to run the whole factory set up, done and tested at the factory, shipped and works just plugging it into a type C port. Is this wrong ?

I didn’t lose anything but the guitar content is really small. I keep looking but there is nothing I overlooked. The content on the SE is really tiny.
halfcack

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi, you should be able to download SampleTank 4 from your IK User Area under "My Products" and then the Sounds Downloads for your version (in your case SE). They will be in the dropdown - download them all, then extract the zip or dmg files for the sound library installers and run the installer that is in each of them.

That will be a typical installation which will get you all that you should have in your version (download, not USB stick). If you doubt what you see is all you should have, note that the lists I've linked directly below which are also available from the SampleTank 4 Sounds page are complete and you can use them to compare:

ST 4 SE
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... uments.pdf

ST 4

ST 4 MAX

ST 4 Versions Comparison
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill4510 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 am

How come there is MACosx stuff in the windows zip downloads?
Last edited by bill4510 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bill4510

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 am

bill4510 wrote:ow come there are MACosx stuff in the windows zip downloads?

I believe they were compressed on Mac OS. The Windows installer will install the correct content from the sound library files.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill4510 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 am

Suppossedly everything installed correctly but St4 standalone stops working. still nothing from support.
bill4510

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 am

When installing ST4 from the Sample Library from the USB, you click on "Install Sample Tank 4 Sound Library."

There are also 2 other folders: Sample Tank 4 Sound Content, and Install Sample Tank 4 Sound Content.app. Should these 2 folders be installed anywhere, or does "Install Sample Tank 4 Sound Library" take care of this?

I am unable to access any sounds.

Thanks
SKmultimediaST@

Postby 4vientos » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 am

What's in the new "Sample Tank 4 Sound Content" folders?
If it contains unarchived subfolders for Instruments, Samples, Patterns, Multis etc,
there should be folders in the main Sampletank 4 folder for each
category of content. You should be able to drag & drop the content
between a pair of file manager windows. I did that recently with 58 gig
of Syntronik content subfolders that needed to go in the matching subfolders
of the main Sampletank 3 folder. Samples to Samples, Patterns to Patterns etc
Then refresh the database

Note that the provided subfolders for each sound
will vary, drums won't likely have the same folders as a flute.
Last edited by 4vientos on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
4vientos

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More