Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Sample Tank 4 won't load sounds

Postby axnyslie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:03 pm

The fix I found
Go to Settings/Sound Content

Delete the pathways

FIRST add
C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3

Rescan Instuments

Then add
C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4
Rescan Instuments

They should all work then
axnyslie

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:35 pm

The above should also work if you have installed the sound content for each (SampleTank 4 and SampleTank 3) in other locations. I have moved both during my two runs through the MAX download and install process.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby axnyslie » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:48 pm

I spoke too soon all my ST4 instruments are broken now incapable of loading. I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix this multiple rescans and and reinstalling everything and all I get are error messages
axnyslie

Postby cfcboc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Okay. I installed SampleTank4 from the USB drive that was sent in the boxed version. Authorization completed successfully. I ran the SampleTank4 stand-alone program and selected an Instrument and then a specific subset of that instrument and got the error message Instrument ST4 error: Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/SampleTank 4/Organs/Tonewheel Organs/Clean Bright 008808008/Organ Key Click.pak'.

The problem would appear to be that using the standard Installer that was on the USB drive, the installer loads the samples into this directory:
C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/Organs/Tonewheel Organs/Clean Bright 008808008/Organ Key Click.pak'.

Note that based on the error message, the program is adding a second SampleTank 4 subdirectory AFTER the Samples subdirectory.

So I'm thinking simple fix, I'll just change the default directory. Using the SETTINGS button and the SOUND CONTENT menu tab, I change the directory to take out the redundant extra SampleTank 4 subdirectory. The updated directory is then showing correctly on that menu screen, so I close the menu and the SETTINGS and retry loading an Instrument. Exact same error message with the extra SampleTank 4 subdirectory still there. SampleTank appears to ignore the changed setting for default directory!

Is there another place to change that default directory setting?
And why does the Installer load the Instruments and Samples into a location that does not match the program settings?

I loaded SampleTank 4 on my studio setup and my backup setup, two different PC's one running Win 7 and the other Win 10 but the exact same problem occurring on each.

I will post this message as well to IK Multimedia Tech Support, but wanted to share this problem which seems that some users have but others do not.
Last edited by cfcboc on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi there

cfcboc wrote:I will post this message as well to IK Multimedia Tech Support, but wanted to share this problem which seems that some users have but others do not.

Yes, I think support are aware of the installer making a rogue folder. Continue to work with them and they will help to resolve your issue.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cfcboc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Hello garfy...

Yeah, I just contacted tech support, so I may get an answer in a few days. I can get it to work by moving samples to the folder it's looking for, but my message to tech support is why the Settings option can be used to make a change in the directories to be accessed, but the program seems to disregard the change(s).

Step by step, piece by piece, all us users will get ST4 working as we expect it to. Having played around with a couple of the instruments so far, I'm very happy with the sound quality. Not sure yet about CPU performance when adding effects, but will be experimenting.
cfcboc

Postby jdny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:05 pm

A video would definitely help; forget the support ticket crap, i have not heard from them yet, after several days. Worst investment I have ever made.
jdny

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello jdny and welcome to the forum.

When did you submit your ticket? IK Support endeavour to reply within 1-2 working days, but if you think they are taking too long you can either 1) reply to your own ticket to ask if they have any answers for you or 2) post your ticket number here and someone will chase it up for you or 3) PM either Ryan_IK or Peter_IK who will look into the matter for you.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby jdny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Same happened to me and I am not getting any help from support either. I have a nice USB with instruments showing but no sounds are loading. What a waste of money.
jdny

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 pm

jdny wrote:Same happened to me and I am not getting any help from support either. I have a nice USB with instruments showing but no sounds are loading. What a waste of money.

Please post your ticket number and someone will look into it.
garfy

Postby jdny » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:11 pm

I don't think the company knows either how to solve this problem as I have not heard from them after making 2 tickets with support. Sorry for caps but I am angry but not at you.

[mod edit - caps removed, please don't apologize for it - just please do not post in all caps as it is considered shouting]
jdny

Postby garfy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello jdny

I appreciate your frustration but please, for the third time, what is your ticket number? If you don't post it here and/or send it in a PM to either Peter_IK or Ryan_IK as I suggested before, coming here and using CAPS isn't going to change anything.

Also, did you raise two tickets because you now have two issues? Raising a second ticket for the same issue won't help, where as replying to your own ticket (again as I suggested) will.

This is not a tech support forum. But there are people here that can assist you in your connection with Official Support, but that ticket number is needed to do so.
garfy

Postby cfcboc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello garfy... [I accidentally marked this note originally for jdny, but it was a response to your note to jdny]

I wasn't sure that IK Multimedia wanted us to post open support ticket numbers or info in this forum, but based on your emails, here's mine. The ticket was opened om Sunday evening March 10th, so today would be the 4th business day.

TICKET: 396382

My only pressing issue is to determine whether I should go ahead and move all my Samples files into the directory that the SampleTank4 program insists is the correct directory (and secondarily, I seem unable to change that default directory using the OPTIONS menu tab). Right now, I am unable to move ahead with using ST4 until I resolve moving the Samples around.
Last edited by cfcboc on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
cfcboc

Postby jdny » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 am

I think we have a language problem here. Are we talking sounds or samples. Sound content the same as samples?
jdny

Postby jdny » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 am

sorry that I don't understand this whole thing, even in here gets complicated. I am on an Mac pro and i don't understand the stuff about c: drive and how to write my own pathway to get my sounds. Ticket number from support or another ticket. Only ticket I know is 282829.
jdny

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More