SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.2 + library updates] Now Available

Postby thebeeze111 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 pm

DarkStar wrote: Everything

I wound up staying up until the late hours of the night watching youtube and trying to figure out what Peter was saying. I did eventually figure it out, same method as you. I should have waited a day for your response haha.

Very nicely written and explained. I think IK should take note of this and perhaps post something like this in a knowledgebase for other users who I'm sure are pulling their hair out like I was.
thebeeze111

Postby halfcack » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 pm

rx8doc wrote:The instrument noisy fm and white sequence both crash my sampletank 4, Can anyone else verify? the file size seems small on the usb drive thanks
Therewithin lies the answer. I was premature on my chastising of the entire A Forum about the day I got my first digital synthesizer, the now dated Yamaha DX-7.

I continued on the other hand if you know the really nasty noise you get when the user does something dumb, how digital hash, a very painful experience, would be user error and you would not be needing your gear anymore because you won’t be able to hear a lick after that.

I will not apologize to the A people only because of the absurd level that a dc power supply could add hiss to a GarageBand track.

I told you I would tie it in. No SP4 instance open, no HISS.

I guess what I’m asking is has support noticed any complaints like the one above where hiss is present in another installation, in another computer from a person I don’t know and has it been addressed, what was the final outcome of hiss removal ?

I also noticed an almost impossible sample to erase from GB put in by SP4 I finally found a workaround to eliminate it.

Is there a problem with anyone getting hiss on their tracks using a daw and au ?
halfcack

Postby rx8doc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Sorry I am asking about the Sampletank4 Instruments Labeled "noisy fm" and "white sequence". When I add these or any multi that uses them I get a sampletank 4 crash. the files in windows and on the usb seem very small and I was just checking if they were corrupt.

I was hoping a end user would try them and see if they get the same result.
Noisy FM ST4i shows 34kb size is this correct?
White sequence ST4i shows 34kb also

Ok tried everything my mind could come up with, now on day three of waiting for support to answer.
Last edited by rx8doc on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rx8doc

Postby zzz00m » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:37 am

rx8doc wrote:Sorry I am asking about the Sampletank4 Instruments Labeled "noisy fm" and "white sequence". When I add these or any multi that uses them I get a sampletank 4 crash. the files in windows and on the usb seem very small and I was just checking if they were corrupt.

I was hoping a end user would try them and see if they get the same result.
Noisy FM ST4i shows 34kb size is this correct?
White sequence ST4i shows 34kb also

Those 2 instruments load and play fine here, either standalone or plugin. Those sizes match what I see in the disk folders as well.
zzz00m

Postby rx8doc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:57 am

Thanks for the look!!

I will reload and see where I must have a glitch then.
rx8doc

Postby shmihe » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm

DarkStar wrote:
(1) Using combined instances of ST4
    (a) right-click in the TCP area below any existing tracks,
    (b) select "Insert virtual instrument on new track",
    (c) select the VSTi (SampleTank 4),
    (d) click [Yes] on the "Build Routing confirmation" window; that will create tracks for all of the audio outputs from the VSTi,
    (e) open the FX window for the VSTi track (click the [fx] button),
    (f) select [Options] >> "Build 16 channel of MIDI routing to this track",
    (g) disable RecArm on the VSTi track,
    (h) if Input Monitoring is Off for the "MIDI" tracks, select them all and turn it on (and turn it on in Preferences >> Track / Send Defaults >> Record config, for future use).
Now you will have 16 tracks sending MIDI (on channels 01 ... 16 respectively) to the VSTi and several tracks for the audio outputs from the VSTi. If you do not need separate MIDI input tracks, omit steps (e) ... (h)

Thank you for this bit of knowledge!!

I was aware of the "Build Routing" popup option from EZ/SD Drummers, but I am relatively new to Reaper, and was just trying to figure out how to set all the midi channels without having to do so individually/manually. And, was with ST4 too...
shmihe

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:04 am

Hello,

I've had the usb for over a week and still am unable to get this to work, even as a standalone. I am in contact with support, but the back-and-forth takes so much time, especially since there is no one there over the weekend.
Here's my situation. The program and library are properly installed. Per support, I have installed the library at:
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4

When I go to the Sound Content Settings in ST4, the path is shown as:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4 (Not Public Documents).

When I try to load a sound, I get Error: Cannot locate TANK at path C:\Users\Public\Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4.

Can there be a problem because the path I chose indicates "Public Documents" and the path shown in ST4 is "Documents?" (I do not want to rename the Public Documents folder on the computer because it is also used for other things). User Dave Clark suggested renaming ST4 folders, but this should not be necessary.

There is nothing in the tutorial about this, and nothing on the internet. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Please advise,

Steve
SKmultimediaST@

Postby ski88keys » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 am

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Hello,

I've had the usb for over a week and still am unable to get this to work, even as a standalone. I am in contact with support, but the back-and-forth takes so much time, especially since there is no one there over the weekend.
Here's my situation. The program and library are properly installed. Per support, I have installed the library at:
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4

When I go to the Sound Content Settings in ST4, the path is shown as:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4 (Not Public Documents).

When I try to load a sound, I get Error: Cannot locate TANK at path C:\Users\Public\Documents\ IK Multimedia\Sampletank 4.

Can there be a problem because the path I chose indicates "Public Documents" and the path shown in ST4 is "Documents?" (I do not want to rename the Public Documents folder on the computer because it is also used for other things). User Dave Clark suggested renaming ST4 folders, but this should not be necessary.

There is nothing in the tutorial about this, and nothing on the internet. I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Please advise,

Steve

SK, if your ST4 files are in Public Documents, then you must point ST4 to that. Click on the settings icon —> click the Sound Content tab —> click add —> then in the browse Folder pop up, select the folder where ST4 is located and click ok —> then click rescan. That should take care of it. Hope this helps.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Thanks for the tip, but I have tried this numerous times. In the selected path, one of the folders is "Public Documents", but when it is added to the Sound Canvas Settings, it shows up as "Documents." I'm not sure why, or if this is even the problem. This should be a simple install.
SKmultimediaST@

Postby ski88keys » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:03 pm

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Thanks for the tip, but I have tried this numerous times. In the selected path, one of the folders is "Public Documents", but when it is added to the Sound Canvas Settings, it shows up as "Documents." I'm not sure why, or if this is even the problem. This should be a simple install.

Did you try and rename ‘Public Documents’ to ‘Documents’?
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
ski88keys

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:07 pm

^^^^
I wouldn't do that - it may upset Windows. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ski88keys » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:15 pm

True DS...but now looking at it, why couldn’t the ST4 install be moved from the public docs over to doc?

Trying to understand why the install was to public —> public documents...and not public —> documents.
ski88keys

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm

^^^
Me too, but Support said so, so I was not going to query it. I have never installed anything there.

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Thanks for the tip, but I have tried this numerous times. In the selected path, one of the folders is "Public Documents", but when it is added to the Sound Canvas Settings, it shows up as "Documents." I'm not sure why, or if this is even the problem. This should be a simple install.

That, too, might be a Windows thing. When I go to C:/Users/Public/Public Music here any folders or files in it have the Location shown as C:/Users/Public/Music in their Properties. As in this:
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi, it normally is with the USB installation but I'm sorry to see you've run into trouble. I've been told that your support ticket has been replied to so you should be all set soon.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kcearl » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Cant belive I missed the special pricing by a week...man I need to open emails :lol:
kcearl

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More