Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Dufay » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:28 am

Yes I find it quite dim..Especially in daylight, I can barely see it!
I had no probs downloading and installing files ( for ST 4 SE), but something doesn't feel right..6 Gb of guitars, and all I see in the instrument list is 10 or so variations of an electric guitar.. not a single acoustic (Besides ST3 instruments). I think a list of included instruments for each version, might straighten things out somewhat. Also, no Syntronic instruments in SE 4, and lastly can't see any previous ST2 inst that were imported into ST3. ..One more..is it necessary to re-download ST 3 instruments again?
Dufay

Postby krisindia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:57 am

Regarding the option of instruments available in ST 4 version, there should be a fair choice of all instruments with maybe limited variations. For example in the Woodwinds section Alto sax is completely missing and only available in the Max version. This is not fair
krisindia

Postby richmn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 am

A list of instruments by ST4 version is published here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf
richmn

Postby Dufay » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:26 am

richmn wrote:A list of instruments by ST4 version is published here:

Thanks for the list..looking at it, ST4 SE looks pretty empty! 2,000 instruments? didn't count, but it doesn't seem like it..did a random search for 3-4 random instruments on the list, and there were no results.. And after a cleanup to put ST3 instruments in it's own folder & a re-install of all the sounds, the ST4 SE library doesn't even show up! So far, not impressed, but I have patience..
Dufay

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 am

Well, it's 8:04 AM uk time, I fell asleep at just after 3AM after not only sorting out further file downloads here and fixing a file mess from this server, but also an urgent matter.

I woke up to find 7 files queued up which nearly completed, all stopped, cannot restart due to a string instruction on IK's server preventing download restarts. GET THIS FIXED PLEASE! that is now 16 corrupt files in 2 days and having to restart downloads. I am not pleased at all with this. I went for the download version as a crossgrade as my budget could just afford it after jam points in the account, paying £15 euros plus vat for shipping plus vat on top of everything else would have meant I couldn't do it. so far, the computer I need to use for other work, I can't use as it's tied up doing this. so there's another 5 hours plus wasted downloading 7 files which have been corrupted. Well done IK server. I have enough on my shoulders without this.

Get a torrent system set up for all installers, problem solved eh?
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby thebeeze111 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm

thebeeze111 wrote:(with the exception of 2 that won't open and I had to make tickets with support)

Still haven't gotten a response on my ticket. Has anyone else had issues with Strings 3 & 4? I'm not able to open them and it crashes my un packer. Just tried them on another computer, same result.
thebeeze111

Postby dylan.haines@gmail.com » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Download the Mac Os version of the dmg files and open them with the latest version of 7-Zip, worked for me.

D.
dylan.haines@gmail.com

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 pm

dylan.haines@gmail.com wrote:Download the Mac Os version of the dmg files and open them with the latest version of 7-Zip, worked for me.

D.

got it in one., that's always a good solution. 7zip was designed to support PC users with mac data.
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby samplemaniac » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:34 pm

richmn wrote:A list of instruments by ST4 version is published here:

Quite Strange that piano presets are almost same for all versions althought
SE piano samples 3,2 Gb, ST4 Standard 15 Gb and ST4 Max is 36 Gb (according to fist master list pdf)? :o
I think ST4 SE only has SE version available that was download part 2!
I have ST4 Standard and it has also same C Grand Close Mics SE version!!
Would be nice have some smaller pianos too for ST4 Standard !! :mrgreen:

Whera are all keyswithces for woodwinds and brass???
I see keyswitches only for guitars! :shock:
samplemaniac

Postby samplemaniac » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Where are all my SampleTank 3 Imported Instruments ??? :shock:
I can't see them all!

Yes, I also have doubled instrument files in browser!
Hope they fix it soon! :geek:
samplemaniac

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Corrupted libraries have been reported. Anybody who reported issues to support will hear back from them as soon as possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Well Well Well, we do have a snag don't we. file naming conventions for a start, then when it comes to miroslav orchestra CE, instead of DMG files for the mac, it's zip files. that now messes up the system doesn't it. I've wasted today with anotther 6 correpted downloads due to network errors with this server. I am very annoyed at this. no consistency in file structure, etc.

let's get this sorted shall we please? I have not wasted good money to find nothing but problems with downloading content.
lewisalexander2018

Postby thebeeze111 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:03 am

Support email I just received---

"We appreciate the report here. The files do appear to be corrupt on our end as well. This has been reported to our team and will be addressed quickly this week."
thebeeze111

Postby jurajmagyarics » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:48 pm

thebeeze111 wrote:This has been a nightmare. Installed all of the ST4 libraries (with the exception of 2 that won't open and I had to make tickets with support) Unpacked everything, installed, set the directory path inside the program, and now ST4 says it can't locate the any of the ST4 sound content. But it sits and loads the library for a few minutes. Finds all of my ST3 content just fine....

Really pulling my hair out here...

I have same problem {Mod edit: email address removed]
jurajmagyarics

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:16 pm

jurajmagyarics wrote:I have same problem {Mod edit: email address removed]

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More