Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:38 am

thebeeze111 wrote:Yeah I get that. But this was advertised as "250 Gb of NEW" stuff. How much of this 250 Gb is actually new and exclusive to ST4 that was not previously available as an add on to ST3?

It was 200GB of new content, 250 total (now 260+!!). Yes, there is 200GB of new content in SampleTank 4 MAX.

From the SampleTank 4 product page (the "up to" refers to SampleTank 4 MAX vs the other versions that have less content):

This new library offers up to 200 GB of brand new content including exclusive high-quality recordings of concert piano, keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, strings, brass, synths, vocals, percussion and more; over 90,000 new samples in total, all with articulations and round-robins. Thanks to SampleTank 4’s new efficient disk-streaming engine, these sounds all load faster than ever and perform like never before.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 am

Okay thanks. If I ever get through the install I'll report back haha :D . Running to errors already trying to do the 16 Acoustic Piano directories.
thebeeze111

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:01 am

thebeeze111 wrote:Okay thanks. If I ever get through the install I'll report back haha :D . Running to errors already trying to do the 16 Acoustic Piano directories.

Oh yes, quite the mountain of content! Keep track of what issues you run into, support will try to recreate and report as necessary.

Thanks and you'll definitely get through it! I know you can! :P
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 am

This has been a nightmare. Installed all of the ST4 libraries (with the exception of 2 that won't open and I had to make tickets with support) Unpacked everything, installed, set the directory path inside the program, and now ST4 says it can't locate the any of the ST4 sound content. But it sits and loads the library for a few minutes. Finds all of my ST3 content just fine....

Really pulling my hair out here...
thebeeze111

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:10 am

@peter_IK. Could you do a file content verification for me please? in the downloads, there is the .DMG file for Chromatic Samples, identified as ST4_Chromatic_Samples_Part1.DMG. It states Part 1 but the content download list only shows a single file to download for this object. Can you confirm this is the only file needed or are we missing data? Left downloads running all night and 3 files were voided and would not restart saying permission to reconnect refused, so there must be a slight hickup for a download request to be restarted part way through if a connection was dropped between server and client somewhere in the mix.

lewis
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby peterle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:28 am

Hello,
I have some problems that I would like to explain briefly here. Maybe I'm not the only one and someone can help me?

1. I have in my account "Total Studio2 max" and by buying a keyboard this year now also "SampleTank 3 SE".
The upgrade to "ST4 SE" did not happen automatically, but had to be triggered manually via a service ticket. Did work last night too. Thanks for that!

2. After downloading and installing everything, it turned out that the package "Bass Samples Part 1" was not completely installed. It seems to be an error in the ZIP file, because some instrument samples are missing after installation and are output with corresponding error messages in "ST4".

3. Unfortunately, I have now also stated the following: After I entered the path to my "ST3 max - library", although most instruments are visible and executable after the scan, but apart from" Miroslav "and" Syntronik "no more additional packages in more ST4.
Means: Although I can continue to use the old "ST3 program" for example "American Acoustic" or the "Billy Cobham Drums" or the "Elektronika Sounds" and everything else, in ST4 SE these are all not unlocked.
I really hope that this problem can be solved, otherwise I am very disappointed!

Best regards and thanks
peterle

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:55 pm

lewisalexander2018 wrote:@peter_IK. Could you do a file content verification for me please? in the downloads, there is the .DMG file for Chromatic Samples, identified as ST4_Chromatic_Samples_Part1.DMG. It states Part 1 but the content download list only shows a single file to download for this object. Can you confirm this is the only file needed or are we missing data? Left downloads running all night and 3 files were voided and would not restart saying permission to reconnect refused, so there must be a slight hickup for a download request to be restarted part way through if a connection was dropped between server and client somewhere in the mix.

lewis

This would be something that tech support would need to do as they'd have direct access to everything necessary to verify you have what you need.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
lewisalexander2018 wrote:@peter_IK. Could you do a file content verification for me please? in the downloads, there is the .DMG file for Chromatic Samples, identified as ST4_Chromatic_Samples_Part1.DMG. It states Part 1 but the content download list only shows a single file to download for this object. Can you confirm this is the only file needed or are we missing data? Left downloads running all night and 3 files were voided and would not restart saying permission to reconnect refused, so there must be a slight hickup for a download request to be restarted part way through if a connection was dropped between server and client somewhere in the mix.

lewis

This would be something that tech support would need to do as they'd have direct access to everything necessary to verify you have what you need.

issue resolved, it's just the way the files are ID'd.

there is a problem though. If a network connection is lost between the server and client, you cannot restart the download. shows error saying "you do not have permission to access this file" this is after a connection error or drop out (using cat6 network cable), meaning that the files damaged have to be deleted and re-downloaded. so far 9 files have done this in 1 day. a little fed up as I'm trying to download these installers to an external drive ready for the new host machine.
Life is not worth getting stressed ver, it's too short, so live each day to the best you can. By the way, A FART is considered musical, just hold on to your hat for a long note.....
lewisalexander2018

Postby krisindia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:00 pm

I totally agree with you. The sound installation procedure is very messy. Gets interrupted often and we just gape in vein to start the whole downloading process again and waste already consumed data
krisindia

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 pm

This is why, for large data forks like this, a torrent system should be used. Why give customers over 50 dmg files or more to download, knowing that a browser could either crash or a network error happen, instead, set up a torrent stream. Do what UVI does for heaven's sake. sorry, name drop, but look at their methods, you can either download, or run a torrent download which believe me, really does help. this download is painful. I'm having to literally dedicate this crappy machine to downloading only, which means constant attendance to check, remove damaged files, redownload meaning it loses last point priority and buggers it all up. I still have god knows how much to download here.
lewisalexander2018

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Any comments and suggestions about the download and installation process have been forwarded to the team.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rlucey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:47 am

:(
Last edited by rlucey on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rlucey

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:23 am

I assume there is a bad error in the file structure itself, or a serious software bug, depending on which system or system version is installed. Downloaded all ST4 Images again without any interruption, but the problem persists. To many crappy files that won't load or knocking my MacBook down when trying to load them into ST4. Installation and verification of the DMGs was fine. But as soon as i want to use it, its more try and error which sound will load or not. But if it starts to load a sound and not finishing this procedure, ST4 process must be killed, otherwise it runs out of memory until your system goes down.
This is a serious issue and i don't now if this only happens to me this way. But it is the first installation that causes major problems like this.

When RAM is completely used, its going to load to your hard drive, whatever it takes the space for! This can cause in data loss or system crashes which is not funny if this is your daw with all other stuff, apps and sounds and songs on it. Restoring backups is a very pesky procedure which nobody really wants to do if the worst case happens.

Contents like ST3, Miroslav CE2 do what they has to do. So it is the new stuff that drives me crazy. For me it is ok to load a bunch of images, unpacking and installing them, but i expect that it is tested and working on all promised platforms in the specs!

Releasing software this way, specially with a size of 260 GB and 100 Images is ok, but it is a pain if it fails to get a proper installation. I wonder if this only is a problem for some users, or does this affect all installations?
andreas.pratsch

Postby krisindia » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:20 am

Realised that the interface of this release is quite dim in the original window size. We have to stress our eyes to look into the screen or enlarge it full screen to read it legibally. Suggest IK Multimedia to improve the contrast and some good font to make it easier to read. Also on the default screen view there should be an option to always show only authorized libraries rather than show all the available libraries with a lock shown on them.
krisindia

Postby lewisalexander2018 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 am

krisindia wrote:Realised that the interface of this release is quite dim in the original window size. We have to stress our eyes to look into the screen or enlarge it full screen to read it legibally. Suggest IK Multimedia to improve the contrast and some good font to make it easier to read. Also on the default screen view there should be an option to always show only authorized libraries rather than show all the available libraries with a lock shown on them.

Agreed. Regarding display and access of information, this comment can be reffered to under the Disability Discrimination Act when applied in conjunction with Accessibility Development and User Interface design for visual feedback and support integration. yep, I'm skilled and qualified in this matter. this issue is easily fixable by GUI tweaks, etc and could be rolled out as n update or new installer file.
lewisalexander2018

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More