SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:16 am

Please use the link above to report your issue to IK Support and they'll assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby grspace » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 am

Hi otherness7,

same here - also tried several times with no success!
Hope they fix it soon. I have opened a ticket.

Greetings
grspace

Postby rlucey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 am

Several of the libraries are ending in "Sound Content installation failed." I'm a fan of IK products, but this installation process is quite cumbersome and puts an insane amount of effort on the end user. Took 5 hours to download (not including the old ST3MAX content), an hour to unpack everything, and things still aren't going smoothly upon installation. Compare this to say... XLNaudio's installer, login and it's one click for EVERYTHING! Will open a ticket shortly, but I'm sure those guys are tired of dealing with me from last week's T-Racks ticket :|
rlucey

Postby rblk26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 am

rlucey wrote:Several of the libraries are ending in "Sound Content installation failed." I'm a fan of IK products, but this installation process is quite cumbersome and puts an insane amount of effort on the end user. Took 5 hours to download (not including the old ST3MAX content), an hour to unpack everything, and things still aren't going smoothly upon installation. Compare this to say... XLNaudio's installer, login and it's one click for EVERYTHING! Will open a ticket shortly, but I'm sure those guys are tired of dealing with me from last week's T-Racks ticket :|

I had 2 installs that gave me the "Sound Content installation failed" I looked into the destination folder and most of the files did install. The ones that didn't I was able to drag and drop from the sample folder without using the installer.
rblk26

Postby thebeeze111 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:08 am

rlucey wrote:but this installation process is quite cumbersome and puts an insane amount of effort on the end user. Took 5 hours to download (not including the old ST3MAX content), an hour to unpack everything, and things still aren't going smoothly upon installation. Compare this to say... XLNaudio's installer, login and it's one click for EVERYTHING!

EXACTLY THIS!!!

This is insane. I've been at this for hours and still not working.....
thebeeze111

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:13 am

I downloaded all the sounds but when I try to install, I get error message "No mountable file system". I rus OSX 10.11.6
I was able to install the program but not the sounds
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby dlgebert » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:16 am

dlgebert wrote:Anyone else having download issues? I've try downloading the first 4 piano .dmg files 3 times and when they get to about 80%, then I get a server was disconnected error. When I hit the re-start button in my Safari browser, then it says "Unauthorized access". I was able to download the first 5 files, but I'm stuck at this point. I assume it's heavy traffic on the site, but why does this happen after 10 minutes and not right away... :)

I'll try again later this evening.

Thanks- Dave

I was able to successfully download all of the files for ST4MAX. The MP2CE files were .zip and not .dmg, but that is expected considering the entire Miroslav library were .zip files containing both Mac PKG and Windows EXE.

Thanks- Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlgebert

Postby tommy@paabel.ee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:20 am

tommy@paabel.ee wrote:I downloaded all the sounds but when I try to install, I get error message "No mountable file system". I rus OSX 10.11.6
I was able to install the program but not the sounds

Some of them also say "Image not recognized"
tommy@paabel.ee

Postby daronmacke » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 am

Thanks Peter...is there a list of the new ST4 sound libraries that are not included in ST3, so we could just download those?

Peter_IK wrote:
daronmacke wrote:Hi Everybody!

ST4 is installed and running...so, that's awesome! My question is regarding the Sound Downloads...as an owner of SampleTank 3 Max, do I need to uninstall my sound libraries and re-download and install the ST4 libraries, or are they the same?

If they are the same, can we find out which sound libraries are different between ST3 and ST4 so that we can simply download those files instead of downloading and installing the full 260GB library? It would save some time.

Let me know your thoughts...thanks!

Any of the previous libraries that came with SampleTank 3 MAX will be the same so you don't need to redownload those. One great thing about SampleTank 4 is that you can now point to multiple file locations so you can just point it to your existing SampleTank 3 library and be off to the races there!
daronmacke

Postby stevensagogo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:22 am

I am having an issue now that instruments that show are purchased and registered in ST3 are saying not registered in ST4.
stevensagogo

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 am

Hi
I have put a ticket in

The sounds downloads are all misleading
I have as you know Sampletank4 MAX, but Sampletank Max at the begining is Part 1 and part 2 has disappeared, leaving us to believe something is wrong or we just do not need part 2 anymore.

I also now have Sampletank 3 parts 1-8 and Sampletank SE sounds.
I hope we get sorted soon.
It should be Sampletank 4 sounds 1 to 8.
It would be nice for IK Multimedia to keep us up to date with sudden changes.

All the best
John
silver-machine

Postby rblk26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:48 am

silver-machine wrote:Hi
I have put a ticket in

The sounds downloads are all misleading
I have as you know Sampletank4 MAX, but Sampletank Max at the begining is Part 1 and part 2 has disappeared, leaving us to believe something is wrong or we just do not need part 2 anymore.

I also now have Sampletank 3 parts 1-8 and Sampletank SE sounds.
I hope we get sorted soon.
It should be Sampletank 4 sounds 1 to 8.
It would be nice for IK Multimedia to keep us up to date with sudden changes.

All the best
John

Hi John, I also have Sampletank 4 Max. The part 1 installer is the only one you need, I opened both and they are identical with the exception that part 1 has a few more libraries. Probably why they removed part 2. Also you should be seeing Sampletank 3 1-8 and Sampletank SE sounds. Those are included with MAX. Sampletank 4 is pretty much all the other samples like the acoustic pianos, brass, and bass, etc. They wont say Sampletank 4 next to them but they are the new libraries.
rblk26

Postby silver-machine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:56 am

Hi Rbl26

So It is ok to download ,hoping another change half way does not occur.
I have Sampletank 3 sounds already, so i do not really need to download again, maybe only to store away as I can point to the Sampletank 3 sounds and SE.
Has the Sampletank 3 sounds in the list been updated for Sampletank 4 Max ??
I will have another go at downloading tonight as Football gets In the way today here in the UK.
Come on Swindon Town, we want promotion!!! :D

Ps I would advise people to not only store the sounds on a separate hard drive.
Make sure you take a system image of your whole drive as that will hold you steady for the future.
With all the stuff you have plus Sampletank it makes 100% sense.
The Windows 10 image is perfectly ok going to Control panel /File History /System image backup.
May take quite a few hours though.
Last edited by silver-machine on Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby rblk26 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 am

That's correct if you already have sampletank 3 you don't have to download them, just point to the directory you have them stored and you should be in business. Everything on my end is going smoothly, I would say its good to go now.
rblk26

Postby andreas.pratsch » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:06 am

The ST4 Installer Images require Mac OS 10.11.x when you want to use them.
But System Requirements in the Specs is macOS 10.10 or later.

That should be corrected, because now I have to drag and drop the contents for all ST4 DMGs manually, because i am running 10.10.x! :!:
andreas.pratsch

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More