SampleTank 4 [and 4.0.8] Now Available!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank 4 Now Available!

Postby petrenko_da » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Similar problems. ST4 crash in DAWs (Reaper 5, Reason 10.2; Cubase 10.0.15; Studio One 4.2.3). In the standalone mode, the fonts of the presets and the program menu are not displayed.
petrenko_da

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:49 pm

If you have issues please open a ticket with IK Support as this thread nor this forum are built for direct technical support. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pirodm@gmail.com » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello ST4 team,
Fisrt of all, I'm sorry for my english.

It seems the "System Requirments Section" on the "Specs" page may need some correction.

I found that 8GB of installed RAM is not enough for ST4 stanalone to work in case the swap file is disabled on a laptop system with embedded graphics card.

My DELL laptop specs:
* Core i3-4010U CPU;
* Intel HD graphics 4400 (consumes up to 1Gb of shared memory);
* 8GB of RAM;
* 500Gb SSD.

[mod edit - removed unsupported suggested system changes - see support if you are having issues and please follow their advice]

Thanks for attention.
pirodm@gmail.com

Postby SKmultimediaST@ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello ST4 Team,

I have pre-ordered ST4 from IK, and ordered the drive version. Is there a link where I can get a downloaded version until the drive arrives?
SKmultimediaST@

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:01 pm

webern wrote:Hello ST4 team,
Fisrt of all, I'm sorry for my english.

It seems the "System Requirments Section" on the "Specs" page may need some correction.

I found that 8GB of installed RAM is not enough for ST4 stanalone to work in case the swap file is disabled on a laptop system with embedded graphics card.

My DELL laptop specs:
* Core i3-4010U CPU;
* Intel HD graphics 4400 (consumes up to 1Gb of shared memory);
* 8GB of RAM;
* 500Gb SSD.

[mod edit - removed unsupported suggested system changes - see support if you are having issues and please follow their advice]

Thanks for attention.

This is not the normal behavior. Using a system within specs and having issues would require that you open a ticket with IK Support for official tech support. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:02 pm

SKmultimediaST@ wrote:Hello ST4 Team,

I have pre-ordered ST4 from IK, and ordered the drive version. Is there a link where I can get a downloaded version until the drive arrives?

The USB drive version does not unlock downloads while the shipment is on the way. You should receive the USB version soon, though, and you can install without lengthy downloads.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm

betech01 wrote:Seeking clarification:
For ST4 the macOS sound downloads list two instances of 'Elektronika Deep House Sound Content' where as the Windows lists only one. Is this expected? Is it possible that a duplicate instance exists for macOS?

Suggestion: For your consideration > In the case of ST4 MAX instead of the current <form> (dropdown, select, download), could not one implement a <form> with radio buttons. It would help one keep track of what the current download is much easier.

Thank you to whichever Peter responds...

Thank you, I'll let the team know about the duplication.

Thank you also for the suggestion.

I don't know what that last part means because (at least as far as IK employees as well as any moderators) I'm the only Peter here.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thehill » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi there,

is anyone up and running yet?
thehill

Postby yukibajhiri » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Is there any way to tell which version of sampletank 4 that your license authorized? I bought sampletank 4 MAX from Sweetwater, but it seems like when I authorized the key it gave me the normal version of sampletank (the one with 70gb sound library). I haven’t begun downloading the sound libraries yet, but is there an easy way to check whether I have the MAX version or not?
yukibajhiri

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:30 pm

yukibajhiri wrote:Is there any way to tell which version of sampletank 4 that your license authorized? I bought sampletank 4 MAX from Sweetwater, but it seems like when I authorized the key it gave me the normal version of sampletank (the one with 70gb sound library). I haven’t begun downloading the sound libraries yet, but is there an easy way to check whether I have the MAX version or not?

It should say in your User Area what your serial number has registered.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm

thehill wrote:Hi there,

is anyone up and running yet?

It looks like some in the announcement thread at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20046&start=240 are up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yukibajhiri » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
yukibajhiri wrote:Is there any way to tell which version of sampletank 4 that your license authorized? I bought sampletank 4 MAX from Sweetwater, but it seems like when I authorized the key it gave me the normal version of sampletank (the one with 70gb sound library). I haven’t begun downloading the sound libraries yet, but is there an easy way to check whether I have the MAX version or not?

So if it just says Sampletank 4 (with the red box), then that means I don't have the MAX version?
yukibajhiri

Postby silver-machine » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi
I have started to download and got about half way.
I checked the properties of them and getting past the Electronic drums the files on the windows side contain MacOs files
Has Mac files been put in the windows section???

I opened up my list to download again and files like Alan Parsons project pianos have now disappeared. Now there is a Sampletank part 1 and part 2 which was not there previously.
Have some files been bundled together in a part 1 and 2 ???

I have looked at others here on this forum and see that they are having crashes and burns.
I then deleted all downloads and decided to wait until the dust settles as i am not going to upset my fast computer at this early stage.
Clearly the Sampletank shell with engine is only a small file. This leads me to believe that there is problems with sound files logically thinking.
I am prepared to let the pioneers find the faults

all the best
John Ps I have 180 days !! and counting :roll: :P :oops: :D

Bring me sunshine, no more pain :geek:
Last edited by silver-machine on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver-machine

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:00 pm

There are also many more who are working perfectly. There are sometimes issues with the vast variations of system setups etc. If you'd like specific technical assistance during the setup, our official IK Support team would be happy to answer any technical questions and assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:01 pm

yukibajhiri wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

So if it just says Sampletank 4 (with the red box), then that means I don't have the MAX version?

I believe so. Best to check with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support who would have direct access to your account and can tell you conclusively what you have registered there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More