[RESOLVED] iRig Keys I/O 49 mic not heard thru sound system

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

[RESOLVED] iRig Keys I/O 49 mic not heard thru sound system

Postby randyfreemire » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Hey, I've got the iRig Keys I/O 49. Have tried using several different dynamic mics, I get no sound thru my speakers. I'm connected to an iPad, running sound thru the headphone and 1/4" outs of my iRig. No recording software, just running Syntronik. Have looked thru the user manual, didn't see a mention of the mic input or any corresponding setup. I've adjusted the trim knob on the back of the keyboard right next to the mic input.

So, two questions:
1. How to get the mic input working?
2. How can I get effects on that mic input?

Thanks,
Randy

PS A shout out to IKM support. Got alot of email support for my keyboard glitching, and when not successful, IKM sent me a new keyboard, which works perfectly. That's good customer support!
randyfreemire

Re: iRig Keys I/O 49 mic not heard thru sound system

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm

To get sound from your mic you'd need to be using an app that accepts that input from iRig Keys I/O as audio interface. Might I suggest VocaLive? :) It is very good.

Also, the sound will not route through the iPad speakers if you have a connected audio interface that has outputs so you'll need to listen through the headphone jack or connect the output(s) to speakers/mixer/etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks Peter-

I downloaded Vocalive CS. My iRig Keys I/0 has sound coming out of the headphones and 1/4" outs using Syntronik. I'm still not getting any sound out of the iRig Keys I/O outs while using the Vocalive CS app.

I've tried all the Source inputs, turned the mic gain on the iRig keyboard all the way up, am using a dynamic microphone.

Thanks,
Randy
randyfreemire

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi, I'm not sure why that is happening, I suggest opening a ticket with IK Support so the experts on the team can troubleshoot directly with you and find out what's happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby randyfreemire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am

So, email support suggested installing the latest OS for this controller. Once I did that, the mic input worked!
randyfreemire

Return to Interfaces & Controllers