Preset Xchange

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Re: Preset Xchange - loading AT3 presets into AT4

Postby whhf54 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 am

If U have AT3 presets U want to use in AT4 to make them work in AT4 U can 'Import Legacy Presets'. AT4 will load them and then U need to save them using AT4 'save as' function in the location of your choice.

Unfortunately U have to do this for each preset U want to keep, but it's a simple process. U need to know where the AT3 presets are located on your system and browse to that location in the box that opens when U click on 'Import Legacy Presets' . A browser box called 'Import Legacy Presets Root Folder' opens click on 'Browse' and a very familiar window opens, locate your AT3 preset and follow the instructions that pop up. Use AT4 'save as function' and U can rename or adjust the info about the preset.
( :idea: eg to locate a preset in AT3's Fender 65' Twin menu - factory location is normally -
... /Documents/IK/AT3/Presets/Fender/65' Twin/... - AT4 will remembers the AT3 location when U go back to load another.
:?: (Full instructions see page 36 in AT4's user manual section 4.4 - Importing Legacy Presets') :)

(note: U can save them in a general location and them simply move them into the location in the drop down menu of AT4 U wish. I found this faster then putting in to the menu directly.)
whhf54

Preset Xchange - How to use AT3 patches on AT4

Postby lusiciliano » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi Amplitube 4 Users! There is a simple way to use AT3 patches on AT4! I mean you should change old extention [file name].AT3 with [file name].AT4. I did it with my legacy presets now I regullary use them on AT4 platform!
Cheers!
lusiciliano

Re: Preset Xchange

Postby sszogg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Wouldn't an Exchange site increase IK's position in the market? People are going to gravitate to tech that can be easily shared, especially with something like this...bring back the Xchange.
sszogg

Postby carlaz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 pm

If you're on Facebook, you can search for an "Amplitube 4 Preset Exchange" group, and join. It just lets people post individual presets, etc., so there's no real organization of anything -- but ... it's something!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby svenjohn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:18 am

Come on IK! Support the product we all paid for and create a Preset XChange for Amplitube 4 so users can share and download presets. This does not seem too difficult. I am going to quit buying any of your products until this is done.
svenjohn

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling