Saving presets as favourites

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Saving presets as favourites

Postby westerberg » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi everybody,
I want to know the best way to pick your favourite presets in AmpliTube and create a favourites section?

Is there a way to do it?

If so could someone please outline the steps?

Regards
Chris
westerberg

Re: Saving presets as favourites

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your post.

Do you mean for iOS or for Mac/PC?

For iOS, load the preset you wish to assign to a Favorite, then tap and hold the Favorite slot you want to add this too.

For Mac/PC, use the drop down menu to left of the Preset selector drop down menu. Load the preset you want to assign to a slot here, then click this slot to replace the currently listed preset.

Once other option on Mac/PC is to use the MIDI menu in the lower right hand corner. The page which shows by default ('Program Change') will be where you can select the presets assigned to your 'Favorites'.

Let me know if you need any further clarification. I'll be more than happy to help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby westerberg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi Joel,
Thankyou for the rely...really appreciate your help.

I’m still really confused will this however.

Sorry for not mentioning but I am referring to the Mac not iOS version.

What I want to do is pick my fav presets from the preset list and put them in a fav folder but still keep them in the original location as well.

Are you saying load a preset in the box in the top left hand corner ( it says load a preset here) and then use to smaller box to the left ( the one that says 000A) to make it a favourite?

Other have mention using save and save as to make a favourites folder...I don’t need to use these commands?

Thanks again
Regards
Chris
westerberg

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I think you could just copy your favourite preset files into a new "Favourites" folder in the top level of the presets menu hierarchy (leaving the originals in place). They'll then appear in the drop-down menu in the same way (i.e. under a new "Favourites" submenu).

Of course, this effectively duplicates the presets. If you then edit one or the other (in the new "Favourites" folder or in the original location, they'll be different. I suppose one could try making aliases (or whatever macOS calls them; I forget!), but I'd be a little surprised if that actually worked.

I keep a "Homebrew" folder of my preferred presets (that I've made, downloaded, or edited from other presets) in the top level of the presets menu hierarchy. I then create further sub-folders within "Homebrew" where I shuffle off my "less frequently used" homebrewed presets, effectively making the "Homebrew" folder a "favourites" folder.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

westerberg wrote:What I want to do is pick my fav presets from the preset list and put them in a fav folder but still keep them in the original location as well.

Ah, I see. As carlaz mentions, you can manually edit your folder structure for AmpliTube 4 to allow for this, but this would mean you have to save both of these preset files when changes are made. The AmpliTube presets can be found in your Documents folder on your system if you wish to go this route.

Another option is using the Preset Browser for more in depth organization. Use the 'Description' field or a different field to start with the text "Favorite" or something similar. The Preset Browser can then organize your presets via the 'Description' field by clicking 'Description' at the top of the browser.

westerberg wrote:Are you saying load a preset in the box in the top left hand corner ( it says load a preset here) and then use to smaller box to the left ( the one that says 000A) to make it a favourite?

The drop down menu in the upper left hand corner which is next to the preset drop down menu is technically 'Favorites'. These are presets which can be recalled quickly through MIDI PC (Program Change) message. A list of these presets can also be found when opening the MIDI menu and looking under the 'Program Change' menu.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby westerberg » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks so much for the ideas Carlez and Ryan...this really helps I will try all your suggestions!
westerberg

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:Another option is using the Preset Browser for more in depth organization. Use the 'Description' field or a different field to start with the text "Favorite" or something similar. The Preset Browser can then organize your presets via the 'Description' field by clicking 'Description' at the top of the browser.

Oh, cool -- I didn't know about that functionality. Thanks for the tip! :geek:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:40 pm

When adding my own presets, another tip for folder management would be to use an underscore at the beginning of your folder name to have it at the top. I believe that with any install of our software that I've done I go ahead and create the folder called _MINE which will then show up at the top and I can use subfolders there for organization within my own presets or even edited versions of existing presets.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby popmart97 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:55 am

Dear Community,

I have a list of 55 Favorite Presets in Amplitube 5. I am using Amplitube on three different MacBooks and want to have the selected Preset Favorites (none from the ToneNet Community, all from the Amplitube Max Package) on all three MacBooks.

The Presets are already there on all the MacBooks of course (from restore Your purchase button in settings) but I am actually looking for a way to sync or copy the information which 55 presets are my favorite.

As far as I know there is no sync through icloud or so, do I have to tick them manually in every Amplitube installation that I have or is there an easy way I am not aware of?

Thanks for Your feedback, I love this software for sure!

best Jonas
popmart97

Postby carlaz » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:40 pm

The only solution that I can think of is to establish use some kind of backup software to copy (periodically) the preset files (from your main AmpliTube preset folder on your main computer) to a folder on a cloud drive, and then use the same backup software running on your other computers to copy the preset files from that cloud drive folder to the AmpliTube preset folders on your other computers.

The preset files themselves are just XML text files, as far as I know. AmpliTube may want to see them in a particular place (and perhaps it does not play nicely with cloud drives), but the files are just files -- they can be moved, copied, uploaded, downloaded.

So I would copy the files away from the local AmpliTube folder hierarchy (using the backup software), do all the uploading and downloading likewise outside any local AmpliTube folder hierarchy (using the cloud drive), and then copy them back into the local AmpliTube folder hierarchy on your additional machines (using the backup software).

Depending how your backup software can be configured, it might not matter if you established a single master AmpliTube preset folder; you might just be able to ensure your backup software always kept/placed the most recent version of a given preset file in whichever local local AmpliTube folder hierarchy.

I haven't actually tried this, but I think it should work.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling