Acoustic tone on iOS

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Acoustic tone on iOS

Postby ponyboysa42 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:41 am

I am an iOS user and have the full rig for 2018. Can anyone recommend a good setting/settings to get a good acoustic tone through the app using my electric guitar? Thank you! :-)
ponyboysa42

Re: Acoustic tone on iOS

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Hey ponyboysa42,

Thanks for your post!

Make sure to check out the 'Acoustic Sim' pedal in the AmpliTube FX section. When used with a clean amplifier model with a couple FX, you should be able to get a great 'Acoustic' sounding set up from here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ponyboysa42 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:15 am

Thank you but I was looking for a little more detailed explanation. The acoustic pedal does not sound good on its own. I was looking for eq and chorus n maybe delay settings. I have also seen suggestions to turn off the amp and cabinet.
ponyboysa42

Postby ponyboysa42 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:15 am

Why isn’t there a preset in full rig?
ponyboysa42

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any information on why a preset like this was not created. I can however suggest to the team to include similar presets in the future showing off this pedal and it's usage.

I would suggest trying different combinations of settings as there is no 'wrong' approach to this. Bypassing the CAB and AMP is AmpliTube may help get you a closer sound, but a nice Fender model like the '65 Super Reverb from the Fender 2 collection should also sound good for this type of sound. The reverb control on this amp should help out when used at lower levels.

Try adding a delay to the POST FX section and your Chorus just after the Acoustic Sim pedal.

Make sure to check out the the /Delay (Slash collection), Echo Trip (Orange collection) or just the main Delay from the AmpliTube collection with a quick 1/4 note or 1/8th note setting (Depending on tempo). Use a lower level and feedback level to avoid overpowering your signal with delay and just adding some ambience.

As for chorus, I personally would not use one in this case, but we do have the X-Chorus (Slash collection) as well as some great sounding Chorus models in the AmpliTube section which may help find the sound you are looking for.

Don't forget the DAW/Mixer page's Master FX section also offers two sends. These can be used to add a space via the Master FX Delay, Chorus, and Reverb options.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ajr2contguit » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi, The Acoustic Simulator pedal is not in the Support Manual under Fx
I will help to include and describe it in full

Thanks
ajr2contguit

Return to General Discussions