Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Pre-order now!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm

petrenko_da wrote:Is it possible to place demo sounding new guitars in ST4? Acoustic and electro? A big request to consider this question.

We do also have full song demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... hp?p=media which have guitar sounds and the request for additional demos has been relayed. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby silver-machine » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi
I would say it is a no brainer as It is only £40 extra and less than than that with jam points.
I had money refunded for reserving Sampletank 4 and I will go for MAX as soon as my money has cleared.
Go for It!! ;)

All; the best
john
silver-machine

Postby Samstrat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Peter

What is the cutoff for availing the pre order pricing? My credit card cycle renews on Jan 13, 2019. Do we have until then?

Thanks

Sam
Samstrat

Postby Samstrat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

I also second the sentiment about the upgrade pricing being the same for MAX bundle product owners (ST3 Max in my case) and other owners with products worth €99 or more.

Would have expected a lower pricing for upgrades.

Discuss it with your team. A €99 upgrade for ST4 max will have your servers crashing when people line up to buy.

I've seen it happen for [...mod redaction...] other developers.

Cheers

Sam
Samstrat

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Samstrat wrote:I also second the sentiment about the upgrade pricing being the same for MAX bundle product owners (ST3 Max in my case) and other owners with products worth €99 or more.

Would have expected a lower pricing for upgrades.

Discuss it with your team. A €99 upgrade for ST4 max will have your servers crashing when people line up to buy.

I've seen it happen for [...] other developers.

Cheers

Sam

I've been told that is the lowest price available. It was not a matter of a lower price being available, it was a matter of extending the lowest price to additional folks that have a product worth 99.99+ in their accounts so you were not missing out on a lower price as that is, again, the lowest possible price.

Those with a longer time with IK and/or more expensive products would have more JamPoints to use to get an additional up to 30% off.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Samstrat wrote:Hi Peter

What is the cutoff for availing the pre order pricing? My credit card cycle renews on Jan 13, 2019. Do we have until then?

Thanks

Sam

Per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4 the pre-order pricing lasts through 2018. I have already asked the team to consider an extension but there's no news of that so I cannot say that will happen.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Samstrat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Those with a longer time with IK and/or more expensive products would have more JamPoints to use to get an additional up to 30% off.

For ST4 Max upgrade, that would be a maximum of €60 off the price, if I understand correctly.
Last edited by Samstrat on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samstrat

Postby Samstrat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Per the news at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4 the pre-order pricing lasts through 2018. I have already asked the team to consider an extension but there's no news of that so I cannot say that will happen.

Thanks. It will help if IKM can share more details about the new content in ST4, before the pre-order cut off date.
Samstrat

Postby gplea » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Excited about this release; especially the gtr stumming algorithms. However, ref. DarkStars questions about integrating the old ST versions along with Sonik ? and Miroslav Ork. I'm wondering will the new sound engine "change" those early sounds. Not complaining mind you, just curious. I'm considering running this exclusively other than AD2 for drums. Although, your Orchestral Perc. pak is tempting.

1 more question...I have an Alesis Fusion8HD which has toed the line for 11 yrs. but my Analog Outs seem to be losing ground quickly. What sample formats do you still allow translations from in case I have to transfer nearly 40 gigs of really good, clean samples?
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:40 am

gplea wrote:Excited about this release; especially the gtr stumming algorithms. However, ref. DarkStars questions about integrating the old ST versions along with Sonik ? and Miroslav Ork. I'm wondering will the new sound engine "change" those early sounds. Not complaining mind you, just curious. I'm considering running this exclusively other than AD2 for drums. Although, your Orchestral Perc. pak is tempting.

1 more question...I have an Alesis Fusion8HD which has toed the line for 11 yrs. but my Analog Outs seem to be losing ground quickly. What sample formats do you still allow translations from in case I have to transfer nearly 40 gigs of really good, clean samples?

The older sound libraries will not sound much different unless you apply different effects or use some of the available options to change the timbre of the sound. Also, you'll need to already have imported legacy sounds into your SampleTank 3 library.

SampleTank 4 will import WAV or AIF files.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby safhana » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:51 am

Can you put strumming video?
safhana

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:56 pm

safhana wrote:Can you put strumming video?

I cannot but I can make the suggestion to the team.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Peter,

I did a clean wipe and install of MacOS Mojave on my iMac. I plan on only installing Syntronik Deluxe until SampleTank 4 Max is released. Will Syntronik need to still be installed in a SampleTank 3 folder, or will it have it's own folder? After ST4 is installed, would Syntronik still install to an ST3 folder?

I want my clean install to have only ST4 Max and Syntronik Deluxe installed for the IK sample based products and I don't plan on installing the ST3 add on libraries, such as American Acoustic, etc. I'm also hoping to not install Philharmonik and use ST4 exclusively.

I will still install the IK non-sample based stuff like Amplitube 4, TRacks 5 and MODO Bass. :D Thanks for your response.

DLG
dlgebert

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:44 pm

As I understand it:
-- Syntronik and MP2 install into folders within a main SampleTank 3 sounds library folder, creating that folder if it does not exist (that is, if ST3 itself and its own library is not installed).
--When ST4 is installed with its sounds library, you can have multiple disk paths - one to the ST4 library and one to the ST3 (that is, Syntronik and MP2) library.

If you want to keep them all in one place on disk, then create an "IK Multimedia" directory and install into "SampleTank 3" and "SampleTank 4" folders in there.

I guess that the Syntronik, MP2, American Acoustic installers always look for the "SampleTank 3" folder.

In the ST4 Browser, you will probably see "SampleTank 4" and "SampleTank 3" at the top level; in the same way as ST3 shows "SampleTank 3", "Philharmonik", "Syntronik" etc.

But ... this is speculation. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks for the reply DarkStar! :)

I was hoping for a Syntronik folder and I'm sure I could manually change that, but I don't want to cause issues down the road integrating with ST4...

I guess I'll install Syntronik in the default location and see how that works when ST4 comes out... Maybe my expectations are a little too high, but I'm hoping to replace all of my 3rd party plugins... which shall remain nameless... ;)

I'm not going to count on that 100%, since there are some pretty big specific shoes to fill out there, but with the new strummer and ***hopefully*** more realistic drum kits in ST4, I'm hoping to replace some, if not all of my plugins with ST4 Max...

Can't wait for the release... With the homerun IK hit with Syntronik, I've got high hopes. :D

DLG
dlgebert

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More