Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:18 pm

This will be the official thread for AmpliTube Mac/PC feature requests. Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Official AmpliTube Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby doug@timberwoodsound.com » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 pm

I would like to see stereo capability on the front end. I.E.: stereo output stomp boxes, like chorus and delay, that can input into the two different amps.
doug@timberwoodsound.com

Postby jjguitar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Make the same large quality GUI as T-Racks 5 !

There should be measurement (numbers, Inch …) in the cab section for mic distance.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby mv2112 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Unify iOS purchases with Mac/PC purchases.
mv2112

Postby carlaz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

jjguitar wrote:Make the same large quality GUI as T-Racks 5 !

Oh, please, yes! At least as big as T-Racks 5; ideally both (Amplitube and T-Racks Guis) would be scalable to even larger onscreen sizes. :shock: My poor eyes ....

And, then, my usual :lol: wishlist:
  • based on Marshall Super Bass 1992 (with matching 4x12 and 4x15! :mrgreen: )
  • based on Marshall Super Lead 1959 (probably a "plexi" model, though an early "metal panel" model might make it usefully more distinct from the JH Gold, though so would any EL34-based model; arguably, there are already suitable cab/speaker options, but more can never hurt!).
  • based on Laney 100w "Supergroup" (yes, I know it would be basically like the Marshall 1959 of the same period, but the Laneys had different transformers, right? :geek: Matching cab/speaker options might include both Fanes and Celestions).
  • Treble booster stomp model(s)! We need at least a "based on Dallas Rangemaster", ideally also a "based on Hornsby Skewes". I think some switchable options for authentic-low-noise and maybe different variants or mods would be cool. So many '70s guitar heroes used treble boosters, this is really a big hole than wants plugging.
  • based on Binson Echorec. I suppose the Gilmour fans would most desire this, though IMO you can never had too many crazy old delay emulations. Speaking of which ...
  • based on Roland Space Echo. (See above. :lol:)
  • I know there are all kinds of cool boutique amps for which people would like to see based-on models; one can tell from the rest of my list that I'm stuck more in the meat'n'potatoes of the '70s :lol: but I wouldn't turn away models based on the Bogner Shiva (preferably, the "20th Anniversary" variant, even though this basically does a variety of Marhsallesque things) and/or Uberschall (for higher-gain madness).
  • Refresh of old(er) stomp models! These could at least in some cases be differentiated and made "worth" upgrading from the old models with more switchable options. Like, a new "based on Big Muff" model that you could switch to a couple of different variants, etc. Perhaps others would just have to be "refreshed" (like, I've never been convinced by the "based on HM-2" when it was dimed to "Swedish death metal" settings). Anyway, old stomps that I still use a lot include the "based on Big Muff" (though I cycle through most of the other fuzz models, too), the "based on Tubescreamer", the "based on Small Stone", the "based on BF-2", the "based on MXR Flanger 117", and the "based on MXR Phase 90".
  • likewise, a general refresh of older Amplitube Metal amp models would be welcome. Some of these have been refreshed already, though perhaps the most obvious missing refresh is for the old Metal Lead V (i.e. "based on Peavey 5150"). The 5150 is a workhorse of heavy rock/metal world, and though I actually seldom use the Metal Lead V, I might well take note of an updated version. Another lost classic is the Vintage Metal Lead (i.e. "based on a later '70s early master-volume Marshall JMP100"), which I think can be argued is basically the amp for a lot of classic AC/DC and, for that matter, early/mid '80s NWOBHM, etc.
  • A basic USB-connected MIDI expression pedal! I'm sure iRig Stomp I/O is awesome, but I already have an audio interface, and I don't really need the rest of the stomp switches either. Just something only clever enough that I can use it to control Amplitube's wah stomps and stuff. Yes, there are ways I could try to do this by fiddling around with other manufacturers' various bits and bobs, but if IKM would make something that "just works", I would happily buy it from you!
  • I guess then, and only then, would I be able to make good use of a "based on Colorsound Supa Wah-Fuzz-Swell" stomp model. That's just because, like, for no other reason than it's my favorite wah ever (though the fuzz is cool, too!). :mrgreen:
Last edited by carlaz on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby nickbussy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:20 pm

The ability to use the cab room mics without a cab would be interesting. eg. As a convolution reverb for ambience on a dry DI signal such as mic'd up acoustic instruments.
nickbussy

Postby puranon » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 pm

load VST inside the FX loop.
puranon

Postby amplitubeuser » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:17 pm

I want to vote up 2 features mentioned before, and add some more.

Must have (it's not "wish list", because it really makes the app not user friendly)
  1. puranon wrote:load VST inside the FX loop.
  2. jjguitar wrote:Make the same large quality GUI as T-Racks 5 !
  3. Add keyboard support to scroll/change presets, not only mouse.
  4. Option to share/exchange presets between users

(Very) Nice to have
  1. if I have more than one audio interface, add option to add/route them in the FX loop,
    so I can use "real" pedals in the loop, using extra audio-intefaces.
    eg, I can add my "real" pedal, (eg Flanger), in any position on the loop,
    not just after guitar.
  2. Not software only, but physical:
    a small midi controller, with knobs, which I can put on table, near computer,
    and control all the knobs of the pedals/amp, instead of mouse.
    Also need to add some indication in software, to highlight which knob is in "focus"
    (namely current software knob which is controlled by midi-controller-knob).
    I guess if you add option to highlight/indicate which knob/control in focus,
    then any midi controller can be used, but it will be nice to have a dedicated one too.
amplitubeuser

Postby jjguitar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

A "Compare" button like the one in T-Racks 5.

Amp model: Cornford MK50H II

http://www.cornfordamps.com/5011.htm

more mics, cabinets & overdrive pedals
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby puranon » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 am

external 3rd party VST inside Amplitube (delay compensated)
puranon

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Full screen mode or at least let the windows resize to max screen.
auggybendoggy2

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Also, seems Randall would be a good amps to model. Lots of people love Metallica and from what I've heard, they used Randall for some of their earlier stuff. Maybe it's just hearsay but i went to Randalls site and sure enough, lots of Metallica played there. Even featuring hammet on their front page.
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:48 pm

auggybendoggy2 wrote:Also, seems Randall would be a good amps to model. Lots of people love Metallica and from what I've heard, they used Randall for some of their earlier stuff. Maybe it's just hearsay but i went to Randalls site and sure enough, lots of Metallica played there. Even featuring hammet on their front page.

For the moment, though, you should be able to achieve many Metallica tones well with the Mesa gear as well as the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection. The latter can definitely get you to those early Metallica tones, as that era Pantera was definitely similar to early Metallica tone-wise.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby president.s » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:05 am

I think that it would be a great addition if we could change channels inside the preset. To use two amps and change between them without change preset
president.s

Postby grupoazuka » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

I would love to see some of the boutique amps, which are very unique sounding as Swart and Dr. Z, modeled. I use them live, and having them inside Amplitube 4 would be so awesome! They are far from Fender, Marshall, Mesa... and would add a set of boutique tones.
grupoazuka

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling