Where are the ensembles in Philharmonik CE 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Where are the ensembles in Philharmonik CE 2

Postby pruthenburg » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:31 pm

I just bought and downloaded Miroslav Philharmonik CE 2, but there aren't any multis showing up or any of the ensembles that supposedly are included.

Looking for the 31 piece string ensemble,11 piece brass ensemble and 18 piece woodwind ensemble.

Any help appreciated. Under the gun for an arranging project.

Thanks,
Pete
pruthenburg

Re: Where are the ensembles in Philharmonik CE 2

Postby SuperKons » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:05 am

Hello Pete,
I am assuming you have not downloaded the sound content, yet?
What you need to do is, go into your User Area, select My Products, scroll down to Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Classik Edition, and you shall see, right underneath, a Sounds Download link. By clicking on it, you shall reveal a new section, which shall present you with a clickable drop-down list, containing three items. Those three items are the sound contents for the software, download them, one by one, unzip, and follow the instructions. After installing, make sure you configure MP 2 CE to point to the folder where you have installed the sounds. Upon doing that, MP 2 CE shall build the database library, and, tada, there you have your sounds!

/ Marco
SuperKons

Postby pruthenburg » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:03 am

Thanks for the reply Marco. Yes actually I've downloaded all the sound content and all sounds are there, but there aren't the ensembles showing up and nothing is in the multis list when I go to the multi tab.

Thanks
pruthenburg

Postby SuperKons » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:28 pm

You are welcome, Pete.
How does your folder structure look like, when you launch MP 2 CE as a standalone? Do you get Strings, Brass, etc.? When you expand Strings/Brass/Woodwinds, you should see two sub-folders, that is, Ensemble, and Solo. You state you have not got any Ensemble, would you mind taking a screen shot of your current folder structure, in MP 2 CE?

As regards the Multis, CE does not come with them, it is, after all, a streamlined edition.

Merry Christmas!

Regards,
Marco
SuperKons

Postby pruthenburg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:10 am

I have all the ensemble and solo folders, but on the website it says

"Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE provides you with a lush 31-piece string section with 14 violins, 8 violas, 5 cellos and 4 contrabasses.

A playable instrument of the complete ensemble, it’s a great way to quickly make great-sounding simple string arrangements.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE comes with an 11-piece brass ensemble that lets you add weight and majesty to any production. In addition to the combined orchestral ensemble instruments, you get individual sections for trumpets, trombones, french horns, trombones and trombone with tubas.

Animated and colorful, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE’s 18-piece woodwind ensemble gives you a full palette of orchestral hues in the form of flutes, piccolos, clarinets, bass clarinets, oboes, bassoons, contrabassoons and English horns. A single instrument combines the ensembles across the full keyboard range for an orchestral woodwind ensemble, and like the brass, a concert band ensemble variation is also provided. "

I have the section ensembles ,but don't see a 31 piece string ensemble, 11 piece brass ensemble, or 18 piece woodwind ensemble anywhere. Maybe they aren't really included after all.

Thanks again!
pruthenburg

Postby SuperKons » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Oh, I see what you mean, now, my apologies, for not getting this, earlier.
Unfortunately, I am afraid that 31, 11, and 18 are just the totals of the different sub-sections, that is, in the case of the string ensembles, 14+8+5+4=31, and so on. Therefore, there is no single 31-piece string ensemble, and likewise for brass and winds.
You can, of course, load up all the various parts of each ensemble, to build the total number indicated. Also, you get control over each single section, as opposed to having one big single ensemble, particularly if you use the KS instruments.

Cheers,
Marco
SuperKons

Postby pruthenburg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks Marco, yeah I was wondering if they just meant the ensemble subsections together equals the total.

Thanks again for the responses. :)

Pete
pruthenburg

Postby SuperKons » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:31 pm

No worries, Pete, it has been a pleasure to be able to assist :)

Cheers!
SuperKons

Postby Rebar » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Late reply for subsequent readers of this thread...

You may simply need to do a database re-scan before the multi ensembles (e.g. the "Brass Ensemble", "Full Orchestra Live", "Strings Quartet 1" multis) show up (appearing on the "MULTI" tab of the browser). They are not listed by default after installation.

See this forum post for more info: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13487&p=85859
I understand, at least I think I understand, which is the same thing, I think.
Rebar

Postby rcolnaghi1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:34 am

Hello. I also just got Philharmonik CE 2, and I understand there are no Multi preset, but I can't save my own too. Actually I can save them, but then they don't appear in the list and thus can't be loaded. I put them in the "Multis" subfolder of the sound library root, as they have to be, but they're not shown, even if I rescan the library or reboot the software. This happens in the standalone version and the plug-in as well.
Thank you for your help!
rcolnaghi1

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:50 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, other users may chip in with advice.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support, via the web site, after searching the FAQs.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rcolnaghi1 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:28 pm

Hello. Support answered in the end and put me on the right track, then I solved this problem.
rcolnaghi1

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:03 pm

^^^^
I am glad that you have got the problem sorted out.

To help others who have a similar-looking problem, can you let us know what steps you took to resolve it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby rcolnaghi1 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:10 pm

The Miroslav DMGs. contain a folder with all the data, and someway the installer didn't put an empty folder named "Miroslav Philharmonik 2" in both the "Sets" and "Multis" subfolders. Well, I still don't know about the "Sets" folder, but the other is the default path, and if you save there the multis will be listed.
I'm sure the "Sets" folder is something similar for some other setting I still have to learn of.

Now, my guess is that the installer (at least on my OS, Maverick 12.5.1) omits empty folders.
rcolnaghi1

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Thank you.

I think i have heard of installers omitting empty folders before, too.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More