Using iRig with new iPad Pro??

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Using iRig with new iPad Pro??

Postby eric.linder » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi all - how do I connect an iRig to a new iPad Pro?!
eric.linder

Re: Using iRig with new iPad Pro??

Postby jblongz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:50 pm

I’m wondering the same. My new iPad is USB-C, and I would like to connect to the iRig Keys I/O
jblongz

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 pm

We have USB-C cables available now. You can read the news here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=r ... pgrade2018 from a few weeks ago right at/near the time the new models were available from Apple.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lilamartin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

I have also tried to set up the iRig in my iPad but I faced multiple Error connecting to Apple id server due to which the Apple id cannot be accessed. And the Apple id is one of the important information that is needed in case of setting up a new software.

Now, who can help me?
lilamartin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 pm

lilamartin wrote:I have also tried to set up the iRig in my iPad but I faced multiple Error connecting to Apple id server due to which the Apple id cannot be accessed. And the Apple id is one of the important information that is needed in case of setting up a new software.

Now, who can help me?

For errors with your Apple ID you would need to contact Apple Support. IK cannot access that information to assist. For issues with your iRig (which should not require your Apple ID to connect - though you would likely still need to fix that issue with Apple first to fully utilize your iOS devices - as it is an audio interface, not an app etc) you can contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cuneytacil » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm

How about monitoring?? No headphone jack input. Do you have a cable for this?
cuneytacil

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm

cuneytacil wrote:How about monitoring?? No headphone jack input. Do you have a cable for this?

What iRig interface are you using? If you are using an analog version like iRig or iRig 2, you'd need to use Apple's adapter (I know there's a Lightning --> 3.5mm adapter but not sure about a USB-C --> 3.5mm). If you are using an iRig interface that plugs into the headphone jack with a newer iPad, I'd suggest trying a higher-quality digitally-connected interface like iRig Pro I/O, iRig HD 2, iRig Pro DUO, iRig Keys I/O or similar. You'll get MUCH better sound quality and low noise compared to the headphone jack units.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cuneytacil » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:17 pm

I have irig hd2(no issue), irig mic studio(no issue), irig keys pro(I have issue with that)
No headphone jack on device or ipad. I can connect the device with new usb-c cable but for monitoring there is no input/output. It is not ik multimedia’s fault of course. Apple removed the headphone jack from the new ipad.
cuneytacil

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:08 pm

cuneytacil wrote:I have irig hd2(no issue), irig mic studio(no issue), irig keys pro(I have issue with that)
No headphone jack on device or iPad. I can connect the device with new usb-c cable but for monitoring there is no input/output. It is not ik multimedia’s fault of course. Apple removed the headphone jack from the new iPad.

Ah that is not what I thought you were asking. When using iRig Keys I/O you must listen through the headphone jack on it or via the outputs on the back. This is the case with audio interfaces what have outputs, not unique to iRig Keys I/O or IK. If you'd like more in-depth technical an explanation, you can inquire directly with the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for official support assistance/information. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CliffTannen » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 am

Hi, can i use this :
https://www.apple.com/fr/shop/product/M ... 61e76b7e49

To connect my iRig 2 to my iPad Pro 2018 ?
CliffTannen

Postby cuneytacil » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 am

Hi, there is only one usb-c input in new ipad pro. And irig keys pro connected to this one. There is no other.
cuneytacil

Postby jonwneale » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I’m trying to connect using the irig cable with an official Apple usb to usbc adaptor but it’s not working somehow. I’m not sure how buying the ik dedicated usbc cable will work?
Can anyone advise. Many thanks
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:06 pm

jonwneale wrote:I’m trying to connect using the irig cable with an official Apple usb to usbc adaptor but it’s not working somehow. I’m not sure how buying the ik dedicated usbc cable will work?
Can anyone advise. Many thanks

I would suggest directly asking IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as I was under the impression that official Apple cables usually worked but I'm not sure in this case and it may require some more looking into by them. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonwneale » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks Peter
jonwneale

Postby jonwneale » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:24 pm

I have PM'd Peter about this - really reaching out for help as I cannot use.

I bought the official usbc adaptor to connect irig Micro amp to ipad 3rd generation.
When connected to amplitube it shows in the amplitube settings as headphones connected.
The result is the shound is whisper quiet at full volume.

When connecting to iphone with the lightening cable it shows in the settings as an input and works properly.

Therefore as the hardware is working it suggests that amplitube needs to be updated to recognise the device / or enable the option to toggle out of the default.

My Dad has just bought ipad pro 3rd gen and has the same problem connecting irig.

I have raised a ticket on 4th march with no reply. Then another in software section yesterday.
I really would appreciate help on this - the products are great, but im not able to use them as intended. Many thanks, Jon
jonwneale

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories