patch changes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

patch changes

Postby mcrorie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:24 am

Is it possible to have a preset change via midi program change?
mcrorie

Re: patch changes

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

At this time MODO Bass does not offer the option to change presets via MIDI Program Changes. We do appreciate your interest here and I will be more than happy to pass this interest along to the correct persons.

Sign up for the IK Multimedia news letter to be the first to hear of new developments.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mcrorie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:22 am

Thank you for your reply. I use Mainstage in a live environment and the MODO plugin is an amazing live bass synth. It would be great if
I could send program changes to the plugin.
mcrorie

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm

Some DAWs can save presets for plug-ins and load those using Program Changes.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:04 pm

Looking into this deeper, MODO Bass settings will save to Main Stage patches. Using these patches you should be able to recall your different MODO Bass sounds quick and easy.

Check out the YouTube link below. This user walks through setting up Main Stage presets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XPnTfr2Ubw
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mcrorie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:06 pm

I wanted to use ModoBass at the Concert level and then use aliases of it in the patches. I do this with several other companies plugins in Mainstage and am able to change settings in them without having to use additional plugin memory in each patch. Using aliases in Mainstage also speeds up loading time. :)
mcrorie

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:47 am

mcrorie wrote:I wanted to use ModoBass at the Concert level and then use aliases of it in the patches. I do this with several other companies plugins in Mainstage and am able to change settings in them without having to use additional plugin memory in each patch. Using aliases in Mainstage also speeds up loading time. :)

Would you mind clarifying what you mean here?

From what it sounds like, you want to use one instance of MODO Bass in a Patch, and switch between presets in this instance of MODO Bass using MIDI PC messages. Is this what you mean?
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby mcrorie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 am

Yes. In Mainstage you can use aliases to lessen the Memory use. I use some instrument plugins at the root Concert level and then use aliases of them in patches. The plugins receive patch changes at the Concert level. The alias in the patch changes to the requested preset. This only works with modeling or similar plugins because there is no time required to load samples and the time to load a modeling preset is small.
mcrorie

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS