[SOLVED] Articulations using DAW piano roll

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

[SOLVED] Articulations using DAW piano roll

Postby jobe13 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:04 pm

I create my music almost exclusively on my MacBook Pro. As such, I never use my external keyboard or it’s pitch wheel. How can I apply articulations such as slide using only my laptop keyboard?
jobe13

Re: Articulations using DAW piano roll

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Hey Jobe13,

Thanks for your post!

This would depend on the DAW or software you are using to record the MIDI data on your device. If you can let us know the DAW you currently use, this will help us make a suggestion. Do note, most DAWs allow you to record MIDI clips. Inside these MIDI clips are usually controls over automation for different parameters like Volume, Pitch Wheel, or MOD Wheel.

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jobe13 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 pm

My bad. I use Studio One 4.
jobe13

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 pm

jobe13 wrote:My bad. I use Studio One 4.

When you can, look at a MIDI clip in your DAW. To create a new MIDI clip, Studio One 4 makes this easy. Just double click anywhere in a new Instrument track on it's time line. Inside this MIDI clip, look toward the bottom of the screen. Notice the Velocity control listed here. To the right you should see Pitch Bend and some other options.

Note - To show/hide automation for your Tracks in Studio One 4 you would press the "a" key. This will show all automation values being used.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jobe13 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Thank you!
jobe13

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS