Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:55 pm

IK is proud to announce that our free UNO Synth Editor is now available for Mac/PC and iOS.

The UNO Synth Editor is a plug-in and standalone app that lets you access all the parameters of IK’s groundbreaking UNO Synth, the real analog synthesizer for everyone. The Editor lets you go beyond the front panel controls and access deeper programming settings like full 4-stage ADSR envelopes for both filter and AmpliTube, pulse width and waveform shape modulation of the oscillators, modulation wheel assignments, velocity control and much more. The Editor does not make sound on its own. Rather, it is a controller for the UNO Synth hardware that gives you remote control of this innovative instrument from your computer or mobile device.

To learn more about the new free UNO Synth Editor please visit http://www.unosynth.com/editor
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Postby samuellindeman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi!

I really like the 'easter egg' in the 1.1.1 firmware update!

Hold down Filter until it blinks and use knobs 1-4 for A,D,S,R for the Filter Envelope.
Hold down Env until it blinks and use knobs 1-4 for A,D,S,R for the Amp Envelope.

Now If I could make a wish for 1.1.2(1.2 etc.) 'Hold Down LFO' until it blinks and.
Knob 1 LFO->OSC1 PWM (Hold down 'Alt' for LFO->OSC1 Shape)
Knob 2 LFO->OSC2 PWM (Hold down 'Alt' for LFO->OSC2 Shape)
Knob 3 F.Env->OSC1 PWM (Hold down 'Alt' for F.Env->OSC1 Shape)
Knob 3 F.Env->OSC2 PWM (Hold down 'Alt' for F.Env->OSC2 Shape)

An alternative would be a 'modulation matrix mode'.
Ie. hold down OSC+LFO and knobs 1-4 could control.
(LFO->OSC1 PWM, LFO->OSC2 PWM, LFO->OSC1 Shape and LFO->OSC2 Shape)

For assigning 'Filter Envelope' hold down OSC+ENV and knobs 1-4 could control.
(F.Env->OSC 1PWM, F.Env->OSC2 PWM, F.Env->OSC1 Shape and F.Env->OSC2 Shape)

Would also be nice if the unit indicated the pulse % when adjusting the pulse-widths.
(I know, it can be seen in the editor but for those moments when the editor is not around).

As the sequencer now supports 'velocity', tap ALT+TREM to set default velocity for keys and notes entered into the sequencer could be handy.

And well, since the Envelopes & LFOs are realised in software it could be handy at some point to be able to assign the envelopes to the pitch of OSC1, OSC2 or OSC1&2(This would be especially handy for creating percussive sounds).

Also being able to do selective assigns to the amp (ie. individual LFO & Envelope amount to OSC1, OSC2 & Noise levels) could be handy from a sound-design perspective (ie. add a short noise-burts as a transient to a lead sound or maybe create a tom/snare drum where the oscillators are faded out by a shorter envelope while the noise-burst fades out slower).

And for 'controlled craziness' a custom waveform for the LFO
(This would naturally require the usage of the UNO Editor).

I really do like the UNO Editor on my iPad and look forward to being able to edit the sequences including all the parameters per step :)

If any of the above makes any kind of sense please do forward it to the firmware developers.

Cheers!
/Samuel
samuellindeman

Re: Our free UNO Synth Editor is now available!

Postby JValeksei » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Bravo! Everything works as it should and the VST editor is great! I couldn't imagine a better update :D

-JV
JValeksei

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth