T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: T-RackS: What would you like to see?

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Import features for m4a files would be nice.
auggybendoggy2

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Also, I'd like to see Vocal effect modules for Tracks5. I don't see any vocal processors from IK and I keep inching more and more to a total IK studio. I've been loving their plugins as of late and keep hoping they'll expand into different categories.
auggybendoggy2

Postby DigitaLWizarD » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:39 am

Transient Shapping.
DigitaLWizarD

Postby laten » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:55 am

I would like to see automation capabilities on all eq & dynamics plugins as this would be very useful in final mastering if you want to add and remove processing in certain places in a song.
laten

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:39 am

I'd also like to see more effects added. Currently there's reverb, tape delay, saturation. I'd like to see a pro chorus, pro delay (stereo), Pitch shift, and so on. I'm really liking T-racks and want to see it grow.
auggybendoggy2

Postby TedSteadman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm

I really think an emulation of the UnderTone MPEQ-1 would be amazing!

Even a Focusrite Red 2 (or the entire Red series as well) would be really interesting.

TedSteadman

Postby carlaz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:04 pm

I think that, first and foremost, I'd like to see the existing models refreshed with resizable GUIs -- precisely because I'm having increasing difficulties seeing them at all. :lol:

I could make the same comment about what I'd like to "see" in Amplitube, for that matter.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Caralz, it does resizing if you buy a suite (deluxe, studio, max). I suggested to support that for us who bought into the group buy sale, they make a resizing plugin so we can get that feature w\o having to buy a whole suite. I only need 2-3 more plugs so adding a resiging module would give me more reason to buy into the next group buy.
auggybendoggy2

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Besides resizable plugin GUIs (not just the suite! :lol: ), what about something crazy like the old Rosser EQ modules that the Rockfield Studios and Mayfair Studios used to use? Rockfield still has some of those, plucked from the original console, and everyone's freaking about about Queen right now, and those were in the mix on Night at the Opera And All That, so maybe a digital emulation would a hot item? (Lots of other cool stuff recorded back in the day at those studios, too, mind you!). IKM would have to probably go off and do a partnership deal of some sort with the "donor studio" -- though other manufacturers have had success with such approaches.

Some of Mayfield's old Rosser EQ modules have ended up in Snap Studios, which have a picture of them in their current state there:
They look like ye olde 3-band-type EQs and a gain knob. So maybe either Snap or Rockfield would consent to a modelling deal? :mrgreen: Might offset the cost of whatever they pay for it! :lol:

Meanwhile, the sort-of-"Frankenstein" HeliosCentric Studios console that combines bits of the original desks from Island Records Basing Street Studio 2 and Space Studios has now famously gone up for auction:
A couple of other manufacturers have Helios emulations of one sort or another, but not IKM. So perhaps whoever gets the HeliosCentric console would do a deal? :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby roosterbooster19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:18 am

auggybendoggy2 wrote:Caralz, it does resizing if you buy a suite (deluxe, studio, max). I suggested to support that for us who bought into the group buy sale, they make a resizing plugin so we can get that feature w\o having to buy a whole suite. I only need 2-3 more plugs so adding a resiging module would give me more reason to buy into the next group buy.

+1,
I have 2 of the 4 the TR5 modules and not interested in the others, so, I can't see the point of paying full price just for extra features, like resizing.

A -18 dBFS operating level switch/option would be handy on the likes of the Quad Compressor and others. Seems to be calibrated for use at 0 dBFS, too high a level for my needs, using an analogue front end. Try reduction @ ratio of 2:1, the incoming signal has to hot to achieve this.

Linear Phase EQ, Equal and similar could do with greater gain ranges to help find resonances.

Thanks.
roosterbooster19

Postby dschreiberjr007 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Ability to save user defaults for all plugins. For instance:

- I like my Stealth Limiter to have a ceiling of -1.0 dB. I want to set this as the default when the plugin is loaded.
- Same thing for Saturator X to have a different default type than what it ships with.
dschreiberjr007

Postby carlaz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:39 pm

auggybendoggy2 wrote:Import features for m4a files would be nice.

Yes!
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby whhf54 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 am

Hi All

Something simple - :idea: When you double click on any control it returns to '0' value, (on controls that have a '0' setting). Trying to use the mouse or mouse wheel to reset to '0' can be an act of frustration!

Will
whhf54

Postby whitealbum » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:07 pm

i would like to see a Altecs RS124 style compressor!
whitealbum

Postby Synthdance » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:00 am

I would love to see:

- Chorus
- Delay
- Vocoder

Cheers!
Synthdance

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox