Announcing iRig Mic HD 2

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Announcing iRig Mic HD 2

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:16 pm

High quality mobile audio recording, always on hand

iRig Mic HD 2, the successor to the highly acclaimed iRig Mic HD, is now available for pre-order for just $/€129.99 from the IK Online Store and will begin shipping in September 2017.

iRig Mic HD 2 improves on IK’s highly popular iRig Mic HD, and is designed to put all the power of high-resolution sound into your hands, so you can easily create exceptional professional content anywhere you go on any device. Featuring high-quality 24-bit converters with sample rates up to 96kHz, a low noise preamp, a high quality, gold-sputtered electret condenser capsule and an onboard dedicated headphone output with volume control for direct monitoring, iRig Mic HD 2 offers unmatched quality and versatility at the most affordable price. It also comes with all the cables, accessories and software you need!

iRig Mic HD 2 works flawlessly with the latest generation of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices as well as with Mac and PC. It comes with a Lightning connector cable, a USB cable and extra accessories like a convenient table tripod, for use during conferences, radio shows, video calls etc., a sleek carrying pouch, for protecting the microphone while traveling or for storage, a mic stand clip and a handy 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter.

iRig Mic HD 2 also comes with downloadable versions of Mac and PC software including Ableton Live 9 Lite, a Digital Audio Workstation application; T-RackS Classic collection of audio processing plug-ins; and Mic Room for Mac/PC, with incredibly realistic virtual models of some of the most desirable microphones of all time. Also included are iOS apps such as the Mic Pack for VocaLive, that adds a collection of virtual microphone models to the real-time vocal effects processing and multitrack recorder app; Pro Bundle for iRig Recorder, which adds indispensable processing like equalization and compression to the pro-audio recording and editing app with video; and Mic Room for iOS, the microphone modeling app.

iRig Mic HD 2 is available for pre-order for just $/€129.99 (excluding taxes) and will be available for shipping in September 2017.

Features:

• The only handheld USB digital condenser microphone available
  • Compatible with iOS, Mac and PC platforms
  • Convenient handheld design, ideal for many applications
  • Quality equivalent to microphones costing many times more
  • Onboard gain control to adjust input level
  • Onboard headphone output with volume control (iPhone 7 ready)
  • High-quality gold-sputtered condenser capsule for wide frequency response and transient accuracy
  • High-definition 24 bit recording with up to 96kHz sampling rate
  • Affordable - achieve great sound without breaking the bank
  • Comes with: Lightning iOS cable, USB cable, table tripod, mic stand adapter, carrying pouch, 5/8" to 3/8" thread adapter
  • Includes a full suite of recording software/applications

Learn more about iRig Mic HD @:
http://www.ikmultimddia.com/irigmichd2

Pre-order iRig Mic HD 2 from the IK Online Store today!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing iRig Mic HD 2

Postby Fenixphinea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:07 am

I have recently bought this product and works excelent. There's just one problem with it and I hope you could help me. The Mic works absorbing the iphone battery, my question is this: Is there an adapter that fully works with the mic and the iphone so you can charge the cellphone and use the mic at the same time?? I use it to do interviews but I have to make sure the battery is full or it wont last long while recording. Also, is there an app in the workings that could allow me stream live with video and sound through the social media? It would be awesome if you could do such an app that would allow us record with the cellphone cam and at the same time the cellphone screen. That would be an amazing app to make tutorials and stuff without the need of a pc and thrid softwares.
Fenixphinea

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:16 am

Fenixphinea wrote:I have recently bought this product and works excelent. There's just one problem with it and I hope you could help me. The Mic works absorbing the iPhone battery, my question is this: Is there an adapter that fully works with the mic and the iPhone so you can charge the cellphone and use the mic at the same time?? I use it to do interviews but I have to make sure the battery is full or it wont last long while recording. Also, is there an app in the workings that could allow me stream live with video and sound through the social media? It would be awesome if you could do such an app that would allow us record with the cellphone cam and at the same time the cellphone screen. That would be an amazing app to make tutorials and stuff without the need of a pc and thrid softwares.

Hi, while iRig Mic HD 2 shouldn't use a lot of your battery quickly, I understand that you may be using more intensive apps etc that can contribute as a whole to battery usage. We do have iRig PowerBridge http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigpowerbridge that should be what you are looking for.

As far as using both video and sound over social media, most livestreaming aspects of apps like Facebook should work with iRig Mic HD for your audio while handling the video aspect. Running two video apps simultaneously is not something I see in iOS currently.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fenixphinea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:29 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Fenixphinea wrote:I have recently bought this product and works excelent. There's just one problem with it and I hope you could help me. The Mic works absorbing the iPhone battery, my question is this: Is there an adapter that fully works with the mic and the iPhone so you can charge the cellphone and use the mic at the same time?? I use it to do interviews but I have to make sure the battery is full or it wont last long while recording. Also, is there an app in the workings that could allow me stream live with video and sound through the social media? It would be awesome if you could do such an app that would allow us record with the cellphone cam and at the same time the cellphone screen. That would be an amazing app to make tutorials and stuff without the need of a pc and thrid softwares.

Hi, while iRig Mic HD 2 shouldn't use a lot of your battery quickly, I understand that you may be using more intensive apps etc that can contribute as a whole to battery usage. We do have iRig PowerBridge http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigpowerbridge that should be what you are looking for.

As far as using both video and sound over social media, most livestreaming aspects of apps like Facebook should work with iRig Mic HD for your audio while handling the video aspect. Running two video apps simultaneously is not something I see in iOS currently.

But the Ibridge for what I was reading and checking it, doen not have the same entrance that the one IRig Mic HD 2 comes with. Its a different cable. One is for the Iphone and the other is USB. The one from the IRig Power Bridge has a totally different input. Just one of them plugs to the iphone charging it, but for the MIC I would need a different cable to plug it which is nonsense. We need one that has the same inputs as the iphone
Fenixphinea

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:31 am

Fenixphinea wrote:But the Ibridge for what I was reading and checking it, doen not have the same entrance that the one IRig Mic HD 2 comes with. Its a different cable. One is for the iPhone and the other is USB. The one from the IRig Power Bridge has a totally different input. Just one of them plugs to the iPhone charging it, but for the MIC I would need a different cable to plug it which is nonsense. We need one that has the same inputs as the iPhone

iRig PowerBridge is fully compatible with iRig Mic HD 2. It is listed under "Compatible digital iRig devices" on the link I posted. It comes with the proper connectivity for using it with iRig Mic HD 2 and your iPhone.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve_Papp » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 am

Hi

When using this microphone with an iPad do I have to disconnect the device from the iPad to actually listen to the audio that was recorded?

The previous model iRig Mic HD would allow students to listen without disconnecting the lightning cable.

I know I can connect a set of headphones however the mic's are being used by students and I am trying to avoid using too much gear.

Steve
Steve_Papp

Postby brendandonlon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Just checking - will the headphone output work when the mic is using a USB C connection to the new iPad Pro in GarageBand? (I've been trying to work with the old iRig Mic HD, but now that the iPad Pro has lost the headphones socket, it's impossible to monitor while you're recording…)
brendandonlon

Postby Elliothol » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Was this mic improved since it was launched or has it been the same ever since?
Elliothol

Postby grass » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:53 pm

About the iRig Mic HD 2 and the iRig powerbridge:

Input to the powerbridge is a 7 pin mini-Din (female). Output from the mic uses a cable that has a mini-USB to either a USB or a lightning connector. Neither of those can be plugged into a female mini-Din connector. Do you sell a mini-USB to mini-Din cable? Without that you can't plug the Mic into the powerbridge.

I've been looking for a compatible male to male 7-pin mini-Din connector for the iRig Pro Duo I/O (the one included is really short) - and mini-Din cables of any kind appear to be unobtainable except what you guys sell.
grass

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:37 pm

Per the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs there is an included detachable Mini-DIN to Micro-USB connection cable (1.5m/59”) which seems like the right cable. If you do not have that cable or have trouble with it, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cazeduardo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:35 pm

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me with this one.

I have an iRig Mic HD 2 but unfortunately the internal wiring has come loose.

I've opened the top part of the mic and found that there are three wires: RED, BLUE and YELLOW, and three places where these wires need to attached to with a soldering wire. These places have the letters: S, C and D.

Could anyone please tell me which color corresponds to which letter?

Many thanks in advance.
Cazeduardo

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories