How do I change Knob Behavior as mentioned in the manual.

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

How do I change Knob Behavior as mentioned in the manual.

Postby Mtndawg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 pm

In the manual it lists this for Knob Behavior: UNO Synth knob behavior uses “Absolute Mode” by default. This means that the knob value is recalled using
the absolute value of the position of the knob when edited (i.e.: turn a pot and the value jumps immediately from
the stored value to the edited value).
The other 2 modes are Pass-Through and Relative. In Pass-Through Mode, turning the knob has no effect
until after the edited value equals the preset value (or “passes through” the stored value). In Relative Mode, the
changes are relative to the stored setting and the full value range of the knob is not available until either the
minimum or maximum value and the respective lower or upper limit of the knob’s travel is reached.

But there is absolutely no mention of how to change the Knob Behavior that I can find. I want to change it to Pass Thru. Thanks! Ron
Mtndawg

Re: How do I change Knob Behavior as mentioned in the manual

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:54 am

At this time you can do so via SysEx messages. The messages are listed in the MIDI Implementation chart in the manual. If you send the first SysEx string to the UNO Synth (the “Enter Setup Mode” string), then you send one of the Pot Mode messages, it should change the pot edit mode.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mtndawg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:09 am

Peter,
Thanks much. I'm a technical guy in the pc world so look forward to learning what you are talking about in the midi world.

From your words It sounds like something coming out in near future will make this easier. Is that correct or am I reading too much into your message?

Thanks!
Ron
Mtndawg

Postby Mtndawg » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:28 am

Peter,
Now I understand about
SysEx dumps from this video. https://youtu.be/noIXanN72TE

:-)

Think you will get a kick out of this if you view.

I'll try this on the Uno Snyth and let you know how it goes. :-)

Thanks!
Ron
Mtndawg

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks, I'll check out the video soon.

I wanted to answer your other question to say that yes I believe this function should also be in the editor that is coming in August.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth