UNO - Ableton

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO - Ableton

Postby bartdecrem » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 am

Got my UNO today. Yeay!

- I can send Midi from Ableton to my UNO, but I'm not receiving Midi from UNO on Ableton. Latest Mac, latest MacOS, latest Ableton, UNO with firmware updated. It shows as a MIDI device, but no data comes in.

- Is there a manual for the UNO somewhere? I'm guessing maybe there's a setting somewhere where I can set the MIDI SEND channel?

- Also, does UNO send audio over the USB cable? Not seeing it show up in Ableton as an audio input device

Thanks!
bartdecrem

Re: UNO - Ableton

Postby playinmyblues » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:01 pm

My Uno accepts MIDI from Ableton over USB. In the manual, it says it does not send MIDI over USB.

Using the included MIDI cables and a USB-to-MIDI converter that plugs in with USB to the computer and MIDI DIN to the UNO. That should give you MIDI control both ways under a separate Uno MIDI option under your MIDI tracks.
playinmyblues

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:27 pm

The manual is available in your IK User Area under My Products if you've registered your UNO Synth. It is also available via the Manuals link on the UNO Synth product page and at http://www.ikmanual.com/unosynth

UNO Synth does not send audio via USB. It does have MIDI IN via USB. For MIDI IN and OUT you can use the MIDI connectors provided with UNO Synth.

These details and more are elaborated in the manual, so I do presume you will find many answers you need in there. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bartdecrem » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 pm

much thanks guys!

first impression: AWESOME SYNTH, with loads of control, gritty sounds etc etc.

these limitations (lack of Midi Out and Audio over USB) are a major bummer for my use case: I'm looking to the UNO as my instrument while traveling, so easy connection to my DAW for both Midi and Audio are super important.

maybe I'm weird that way, tho, but my 2c. I'd happily pay $50 more for a UNO XL that had those features.

THANKS AGAIN for the quick responses!
bartdecrem

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth