A quick question about midibridge

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

A quick question about midibridge

Postby thanhuyen865 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 am

I am developing a midi controller app for iOS. It works nicely with sampletank via midibridge.

If midibridge can connect to sampletank then why can't i design my app to connect directly to sampletank without midibridge? Connecting to other iOS synth apps is pretty simple. What's special about the way sampletank does midi input?
thanhuyen865

Re: A quick question about midibridge

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:09 pm

SampleTank should be fairly straightforward as it supports MIDI connection for controllers as any other Core MIDI supporting app would so I'm not sure what is happening in your case but I'm also not sure exactly how one would connect app to app. This forum is a user-to-user forum, though, so if you are looking for deeper and quite specific technical insight I would recommend consulting IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories