HOW DO I PUT MY T-RACK 5 MAX PRESETS IN MY CUSTOM OWN DIRECT

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

HOW DO I PUT MY T-RACK 5 MAX PRESETS IN MY CUSTOM OWN DIRECT

Postby rcmowdy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 am

Okay, I know I'm OCD'ish about my directories and sub-directories - my computer has to be exactly just right I even format it every 4-5 months to keep things up and running .....but I want to put my "IK Multimedia" Directory containing all of my T-Tracks 5 MAX plugin presets (meaning if I delete it - i lose my presets) from my "documents" folder in OS X High Sierra and move it who cares like application support/ik multimedia - the point is can I get the preset directory changed?

Thanks

Ryan Mowdy
rcmowdy

Re: HOW DO I PUT MY T-RACK 5 MAX PRESETS IN MY CUSTOM OWN DI

Postby garfy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:38 am

Hello rcmowdy and welcome to the forum.

By the looks of things, you can't do this. There are no preference choices to change the default folder for presets and I've just tried to save a preset somewhere else on my system and it won't let me. The manual also doesn't mention being able to move it.

I would suggest that, in case of accidental deletion, you take a back up of the default folder every time you save new presets and just before you re-format.

Also, you could send a feature request to IK official support and they may include it in a future update.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby mishmael » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:43 am

Hello Garfy,
Can you please explain the entire steps in regards to using the default folder as a backup for saving user generated custom presets.

Thanks
mishmael
mishmael

Postby garfy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:00 am

Hey mishmael

mishmael wrote:Can you please explain the entire steps in regards to using the default folder as a backup for saving user generated custom presets.

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you mean. To save user presets in the default folder (as this is the only place you can save them):

1) Adjust settings to get to what you want as your user preset
2) Click GLOBAL or MODULE in the preset list, depending on what you want to save. This will offer to save the preset in the Global or Module folder and allow you to give the preset a name. The preset will now be saved.

To back up folders, you would do it exactly the same as if you were backing up an image file or text file.

1) Navigate to the default folder using Explorer or Finder, depending on your OS. For example, on Mac this will be Documents/IK Multimedia/T-RackS 5/Presets (for all presets).
2) Copy/paste folder into your chosen backup method ie external drive, cloud-based etc.

If you are backing up to cloud, it is recommended not to use it as synch'd folder as they sometimes don't play nicely with presets.

Hope that answers the question. Reply back and let me know.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

sih MY T-RACK 5 MAX PRESETS IN MY CUSTOM OWN DIRECT

Postby mishmael » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Thank You.... So it can be done !!!! I'll let you know if I have any problems. I really appreciate your time and patience with my technical issues.

mishmael
mishmael

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox