READ BEFORE YOU POST! General Discussions Forum

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

READ BEFORE YOU POST! General Discussions Forum

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm

EDIT 6/20/2012 PLEASE READ: This forum is for GENERAL discussions that don't fit into the other forums. You MUST look at the other forums before posting here, there are typically subforums for almost every new post we've had here lately. If you post here and it belongs in another forum it may be moved, but if the mods are cranky it may just go away. You've been warned.

Welcome to the General Discussions forum. As the subtitle says, this is for general talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories.

Since this is the most likely to get off-topic, or less focused at least, please make sure you read the Forum Rules via the "Rules" link at the top of every page. Also, please read the Welcome message in the News and Announcements forum for helpful information about the IK Multimedia Official Forum.

An IK user account is required to post here, so please feel free to discuss general music creation and production topics here because the IK user base is comprised of a great many talented and knowledgeable people who can provide some great input, feedback, comments, and advice.

Enjoy!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: General Discussions Forum

Postby robmlisanti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Pete, thanks for having this forum! I've been anxious to have one since I love Amplitube so much! :P
I play Guitar, Sing & Keyboards for over 35 yrs, I have many influences which includes: Heavy Metal, Rock, Blues, New Age, Progressive Metal.

Websites:
http://www.reverbnation.com/robertmlisanti

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Metalrob4662
robmlisanti

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm

robmlisanti wrote:Hi Pete, thanks for having this forum! I've been anxious to have one since I love Amplitube so much! :P

Thanks to YOU, Rob. Glad you enjoy AmpliTube so much and I know you'll be a good resource for other users and can also glean some information from others as well.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lukebredin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Amplitube 3 is a quality product. Hoping to get some wacky effects from it on my new track.
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby d_mac1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey,

Been an IK user for about 7 years. Love the products and been waiting for this for about (guess how long).
Great to be here. I have never really had any issues with the products..they stand on their own.

Been a Cubase user since Cubase VST 5.1 R1 days. Loved that but then when I turned around and upgraded (5 years later) I lost the ability to use the .all and .arr files I had been creating all that time. Sure, I had all the audio files I had been creating all that time but I couldnt use the arrangement files anymore...apparently a requirement for Steinberg to get into the next gen of DAW's...oh well.

Anyway great to be here and would be delighted to be of assitance to anyone with issues...if I can.

Peter...thanks to you and IK for opening this up. I am sure users through out the world are relieved to know that assistance is not far away...I will do my part if IK does theirs.

Lets makes IK stand apart from the uncaring corporate crap that happens all too often to us...the real musical blood on this planet.

Cheers to all of you!...sorry for the politics.

Dave
I7 Win7 64, 8GB RAM, Cubase 5.5.2, Sample Tank 2.5.4, BFD, T-Racks 3
d_mac1

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 am

Well, we won't make comparisons about that sort of thing as we have a respectful competitiveness with the others out there. We do pride ourselves on being the kind of people we find many of our customers are - musicians, engineers, producers, tinkerers, gearheads, nerds, obsessed individuals, and more.

My first NAMM was last year and I was lucky to get to meet a bunch of really great people like artists and such but I found I ware REALLY lucky to meet some of the people in this company (hard to meet everybody quickly because we are in Italy and Florida and also have people in other places). One thing that stuck with me was talking to our CTO - the brains behind our modeling technology - talk to me about the 360 bass amp and Jaco. It was clear that he cared SO much about that sound, about how it was "all bass" and how thunderous it was and that he was impressed with the quality of what we had done.

I know we've slacked a little on some signature "blowout" group buys this past quarter or so, but we're aware that in spite of some negativity there really is a HUGE positive vibe for these offers and it allows many people to get the tools they would otherwise do without based on cost of ownership. Not everybody is a business able to immediately recoup the value of what was paid for the product and we know that. Look forward to more on that front too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tbon25813 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm a long time user of IK Multimedia software, including Sampletank, Sonik Synth, Miroslav, TRacks, & CSR, and it's exciting to finally have a forum in which we can discuss all the the IKM products. I've also been a Digital Performer user for many years, and am a member of the MOTUNATION forum, which leads to a question..... would it be possible to make the IKM forum accessible from the Apple iPhone with the app called "Tapatalk"? I routinely browse the MOTUNATION forum, among others, with Tapatalk and my iPhone. It's convenient, and fast, and helps me stay up to date with all the latest developments.

Terry
tbon25813

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:53 pm

This was mentioned in another thread but since that's an app that will cost you money and so far we don't have any bells and whistles that make it a poor experience to browse on iPhone we're weighing the options.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tbon25813 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Regarding Tapatalk, I have the free version of the app installed on my iPhone 3G, Tapatalk RO, which I've been using about 10 months or so. The only things I can't do with it is post from the phone and view screen shots, etc., full screen. I just checked the ITunes store and appears that the free version is no longer available, so only the full version of Tapatalk is still available, at a cost of $2.99 USD, about the price of a latte.

Terry
tbon25813

Postby felixfacenda » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:30 am

How can i delete my plugin arc room correction from my pc so i can install it with the serial number that they gave me on my box? windows 7
felixfacenda

Postby lukebredin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:21 am

Just hit the lock icon and an authorisation window will come up. put your serial number in there. Make sure you are running it as Administrator as you are using windows 7.
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby felixfacenda » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:13 pm

lukebredin wrote:lukebredin

What happen is that my friend install me the arc on my computer once on my fruity loops and i try the software and bought it days later but now that i have my own i can't install it with my own serial number because he enter his own. how can i erase completely with authorization so i can enter the one that i bought? i already try everything i really don't want to do a recovery on my pc just to install the arc on my name. i'll apreciate your help man.
felixfacenda

Postby felixfacenda » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 am

i can't believe that i had called ik multimedia company for technicall support and they haven't gave me a call back since yerterday. Not happy with you guys man you should be responsible with your customers and if you don't get the phone beacuse you guys are busy you should give a call back because i had lose to days of session because the serial number of my arc room correction is invalid come on guys!!!
felixfacenda

Postby felixfacenda » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:17 am

can i use arc room correction on pro tools le 8.0 on windows 7 32 bit?
felixfacenda

Postby brianbane » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:15 am

You sure can, Felix.
FacebookTwitterYouTubeSoundCloud

This forum is not intended for direct company technical support.
For all product support requests, please contact IK Tech Support
brianbane
1K Club

Next

Return to General Discussions