Possible to remap octaves of layer ranges in Syntronik?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Possible to remap octaves of layer ranges in Syntronik?

Postby gordryd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Haven't had a chance to install and play with this yet, but it looks really good! Read thru the manual; I didn't see any way to remap the 4 different ranges used in the Layer panel. Is this possible or do you have to build the transposition into the Patch you are using?
gordryd

Re: Possible to remap octaves of layer ranges in Syntronik?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 am

Hi, you have full control over the range of each part in the layers area of Syntronik. You can just drag to set the range for each of the four parts.

If you are asking about transposition, that is not available for each of the four layers in the same way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gordryd » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 am

That would be a nice feature to have -- that way you could output 2 (or more) different sounds in the same octave (separately, not layered) just by playing in a different range, kind of like a keyboard 'zone'
gordryd

Postby amartin543@gmail.com » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:12 am

I second this request to be able to transpose parts. It would be very useful.
amartin543@gmail.com

Postby randyfreemire » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Hey Peter,
I see that you can set the key range with the handles in the Layer mode, but what about changing octaves?

You said it doesn’t do it now, is that basic functionality going to come down the road, its a pretty key capability. I would guess that you’d still be able to do everything with just 1 MIDI channel.

Thanks, i have folks over at Musicplayer.com keyboard forum that’ve expressed a lot of interest in this awesome app, but, like me, the octave shifting in the Layer mode was one of the first questions out of the gate.

Randy
randyfreemire

Postby stairworks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:34 pm

I don't know if this helps, but I use Roland's PK5 midi pedals with syntronik. Since it only has one octave, I change the tuning on the individual layers (individual instrument sounds) to the octave that I want in the range of the midi pedals which is between C2 and C3. So you could change the octave in the tuning of the particular instrument to shift them where you want to play them in the multi and move the range of the keys accordingly.
I don't know if this helps or not. Maybe you are talking about something different, but it's something I had to do because my pedals are older and the octave button doesn't work on the pedals at the moment.
stairworks

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More